wtb: NP203 PTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtb: NP203 PTO

Looking for a PTO for a 203, preferably in working condition. Im located in Rossville, IL. Thanks

6 bolt or 10 bolt mounting?

Is it a six bolt or ten bolt mounting?

Comment

Send me an ad for Power Wagon Advertiser magazine, up to 100 words free. It must include an area code and phone number, since a lot of readers are not on the web.

Email your ad using the contact us link below.

For more information, go here:

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/placead.html
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Its a 6 bolt.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, Dodge stopped offering the factory PTO winch option in 1974, which was the year the NP203 was introduced (Ramcharger/Trailduster only, pick-ups were in 1975). So its not likely that there were many NP203's with PTO. That's not to say that other PTO driven components (dump beds) weren't still available, just haven't seen a winch ran from a NP203.
          GM & Ford both used the NP203 during the late 70's, so maybe they'd have a PTO.
          I don't know if the PTO from other (201,205) t-cases would work.
          Good luck with your search.

Bucky

Comment

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/engin...np203-pto.html

This ad is 2 months old. Might still be available.
            Bucky

Comment

I havent heard of many people running a pto on a 203 either but i found this...

http://ramchargercentral.com/technic...ssion/p-t-o-s/

What im wanting to do is run a water transfer pump off the pto somehow. I have located a single gear pto off a 205. I guess i will just have to change the gear...? Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Np203 pto

My '75 W200 crew cab (formerly a USAF firetruck) has a PTO driving a front mounted winch. I assume it was purchased that way from the factory as the original sticker showing winch operation instructions is still in the cab. When I bought the truck, the PTO was still on the transfer case along with the 1st propeller shaft section. The winch was missing. I purchased an LU-2 winch from Battlewagon John in Colorado and had the missing propeller shaft section fabricated along with a custom front winch bumper. It all works great...have had to pull myself and others out of situations several times this year with no problems. Let me know if you want some photos and I will be glad to crawl under the truck and take some. Had the NP435 and NP203 rebuilt recently so there is not much mud on them now...pix should be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hines76 View Post
                  Looking for a PTO for a 203, preferably in working condition. Im located in Rossville, IL. Thanks
                  If you are still looking for this, I may have one. It was on a Ford. I can send you some pictures if you want. You would have to compare the angle on the drive gear in your transfer case to verify. Jerry

Comment

Working...
                  X