In need of a Dana axle shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a Dana axle shaft

I broke an axle shaft in my 64 Town Wagon and need a rear axle shaft 34" long with a 16 spline count. Anyone? Located in New Haven IN

Send me an ad for the magazine.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Ron, I should have one from the original rear end in the '65 crew cab, I'll dig it out tomorrow. Do you want it before the rally, otherwise I'll bring it with me? I'll let you know if it's not correct tomorrow. Doug p.s., I'm might be jumping the gun, you're town wagon is a 200 isn't it?

Comment

Doug, after overcoming my CRS I remembered I had a Dana 60 from a 60 PG here in my parts pile. Got it taken care but thanks anyway. The trick was getting the broken stub out of the carrier. A wire noose did the trick right up until the last six inches of the tube. A little finesse with the noose and I got it out.

Comment

Spoke to soon

I thought I had the correct axle shaft for my 1964 Dana 60 rear axle. It seems the axles for a limited slip axle are longer by 3/4" than one with an open differential. So any Dana 60 rear axle shafts from a limited slip axle that is 34 3/4" long and has sixteen splines out there?

Comment

I'll check this morning, and give you a call Ron. Doug

Comment

Dunno if these would fit or not.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/3834544873.html
              1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Alxj64 View Post
                Dunno if these would fit or not.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/3834544873.html
                Thanks for the info I've got it covered with one waiting for me at the Iowa Rally. Maybe I can return the favor someday.

Comment

Working...
                X