Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 Dodge Powerwagon w/ 360 Magnum in MO

Hi,
    It appears the project with my son on restoring his 77 Dodge Powerwagon 3/4 ton has flopped. I want to sell it to get it off my driveway. We pulled the old 360 and installed a 99 360 Magnum but haven't finished hooking things up, he moved out and we want our driveway spot back so I sure would like it gone. Has lots of new parts, intake, headers, header mufflers, electric fuel pump, gauges, used Edelbrock Performer carb, Tach, plugs, wires, cap and rotor and coil..lots of new small parts. Whats left is to bolt up the alternator, powersteering and connect the wiring. It needs new tires and currently sits on split rims but we do have 4 new wheels (stock steel) for it. Lots of little things need to be done, gauge cluster needs to be changed out. It's a beast of a truck. Body has dents but very little rust. I can email pics if anyone is interested. Shoot me an email at tamcmilian@att.net. I am asking 1900.00 for it which is what I have in it with parts.

Now runs, still for sale

We completed the truck to driving condition and have been driving it for a few months but now that the son works for a living, he bought a car to save gas and wants to sell the truck. The truck has many more new parts as part of the getting it running. Put on steel wheels, good tires. Ignition module, front bumper.
    It has a few remaining issues I would deem as problems- wiring issue causes the lights to remain on unless the batter is unhooked, we replaced the headlight, dimmer switches but no luck. It appears to be related to a wire in the outside connections to the fuse block. Doesnt have fuel gauge working. Drivers window is off tracks. It needs the master cylinder replaced, it has a new one but it is apparently bad. I will get that swapped for someone under warranty. Transmission is leaking at the pan gasket. Truck sits ;evel and drives good. Runs good. Its just a beast and too much for him to fuel and I do not want it sitting in the street..or my drive. Small drive with plenty of cars already.
    I was asking 1900 not running, we would take 2000 for it now and it runs! I just need it gone and to pay off a loan for my sons new car. Since I first posted, we replaced all the gauges with ones from another truck. I am sure the fuel gauge is working however the sender my not be, or the wiring. Oil pressure gauge stopped suddenly, engine has oil pressure so I think my son has pinched the line.
    Its a strong, stout ol truck, not the prettiest but def a beast. I will try to get other pics, just wanted to get it out there again. I can be reached via email at tamcmilian@att.net or cell 816-522-0562. Thanks! Todd
    Last edited by toddmac; 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Here's a quick way to test that fuel sending unit. Disconnect the wire at the tank, then connect it to good ground. Turn the key to ON and the gauge should peg out to FULL immediately (dont leave key on for more than a second). If it does then yes gauge is good & sending unit bad. if not then problem is the gauge itself, in the instrument panel or wiring. Hope this helps & good luck with your sell.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
      X