1972 Dodge W200 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 5 Speed Cummins Conversion - 11,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Dodge W200 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 5 Speed Cummins Conversion - 11,500

This one is a solid beast but not a show truck (even though it did show well in this year's mopar in the park show). It needs some good bodywork and paint to make it like new. The cab is original and the rest of the body is a repaint from the 80s. Very Very Straight body. A bit of rust on the hood and tailgate that could use some attention (or not)

Drive away with a clear conscience in this rare Jewel of a truck.. I have been working out the bugs for a long time and have taken it on 2500 mile road trips. And of course around town errands without a single issue. Runs STRONG, and smooth - no vibes. Stops great. About 5 donor trucks were used in the making of this trucks and the best of each were salvaged for this rig... No money time or energy spared.

Been a labor of love of mine for over 3 years. Looking to clean up the shop. All my Dodge/cummins spare parts will be included. This includes spare oil pan, clutch, door panels, too much to list!!! I spend way too much time at junk yards too so it all must go!! Someone is going to get a gold mine here guys!

Full Album with a few build pics.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20Nov%202011/

Looking at the pics I really need to have the thing cleaned to capture some better pics. It is a nice truck for 40 years old!

Specs:

1972 W200 Crew Cab short bed
    1991 Cummins motor freshened up with gaskets/kdp killed etc. Pyro and Boost Gauges.
    Low pressure PISTON lift pump

Custom Hard Line Fuel Lines
    New water pump
    new alternator
    new fan clutch
    new radiator
    New Hoses
    New Serp Belt
    Spare Power Steering pump
    Borgenson Shaft (not installed)

D61F/D71 3.07 new spicer front Axle Steering U joints

Rebuilt Getrag 5 speed with NOS Top Cover complete everything new from shifter down to shift forks. (rebuilt correctly everything new and servicable)
    New Sachs 13" Clutch
    Spare new Sachs 13" Clutch.
    Flywheel bored for Input shaft Ball bearing
    Divorced Np205 1410 Yokes
    Custom Balanced 4" heavy Final Driveline
    1410 intermediate Yoke Shaft
    Stock 1991 lengthened front shaft

5 near new Toyo m55 Tires on Stock 1993 W250 Rims (1500 dollars in rubber)
    Banks Intercooler
    HE351 Holset Turbo with Full 4" downpipe (rip rook)
    New Injectors (stock)
    New Injection Pump (slightly modded no smoke though)
    Spare set of 6 extra Doors (4 Rear 2 Front)

NEW Windshield

Tons of spare parts. 1000's worth.

New Custom Carpet installed

Floor repaired and rust proofed

New Body mounts, all body panels/doors lined up etc.

New 6x9 marine grade Speakers and 400 Watt amp

Brand NEW NOS SELECTRO front Hubs

New Brake Controller

NEW Optima Group 31 Battery

Several Hitches included a brand new weight distributing hitch! Pintle Hitch! Various size drop hitches.

Bed and body is solid and very straight. BED is PERFECT on the inside!! The Turquoise body panels were from a '72 D200 donor that had a camper shell on it it's whole life with liner. Was a toy truck, not a work truck. Will include Clean D200 Title as well - All Vin Plaques are included for this vehicle as well as the W200 + clean title etc. That's right, two clean pre smog titles with Vin tags!!

The springs are in good shape, the front are custom military wrap (double main eyelet wrap) springs. The rear are out of a Diesel 4x4 with good arch stock overload spring.

No AC (have compressor and condenser -Truck is an original AC truck)
    No E brake...

Np205 needs the 3.07 speedo gear for proper calibration. (I have one sourced for free just need to meet up with the guy in Red Bluff, can provide contact info)

max 25 mpg... never below 18/9 empty and 14 rock bottom while towing. Tow in 4th - direct! Cruise in 5th with 3.07s for mileage! The perfect combo!

Drives and tows great. 4wd works great, all new u joints on all Shafts and also Axle Steering Joints.

Mechanically/Drivetrain speaking it is as good or better than new. I have about 3 years of labor and 25K-30K into this thing easy..........................

I can get you more pics if you want.

11.5K OBO

I am also selling a 12K lb. (two 8 lug 6K ales with brakes on all 4) 16' Car hauler for $2500. Can sell as a package deal. Have brand new 3/8" chains and Binders (made in USA)

Nice looking truck and description, now if we only knew where it was located.

Comment

Thanks! I'll edit the ad.

Sacramento, CA

Sale pending.......................

Comment

Truck is Sold. Thanks PWA.

Comment

Now that was a NICE truck!

Did somebody on the forum end up with it?
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I was pretty upset my brother sold you that green truck but looks like you put great use to the good sheet metal.

Comment

Yeah my cab was solid, his was rotted,,, I wouldn't have stripped it if it was just the floor but it needed a new top half.

The original sheetmetal on the white W200 was toast... Doors were good and hood, but that was about it. Fenders cracked, bed was rusted above wheel wells and totally trashed (wood truck).

The 400 is going in to my buddy's '74 Ram Charger...

Comment

I was pretty upset to find out that the truck (now owned by the third owner after me) was crashed. I don't really want to go in to the details but it was a one vehicle crash and no one was badly hurt thankfully.

Comment

Oh that pains me to see that. Sad...
                  1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                  1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                  1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Some of my former co-workers would have similar results while driving & having a "seizure" (eating too many pills beforehand).

Agreed. Sad....

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                    X