Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 WM300 Original Owner fully documented

***will be at fairfield next week***

Well documented original factory order truck, special order yellow paint! (has been touched up over the years). This truck is unrestored and still being used and meticulously maintained by its 83 year old owner. Although he admits he doesn't have much use for it anymore and it is getting more and more difficult for him to get in and out of. This truck was original purchased for the owners business Apache Blasting Inc. It was a special order from the factory and purchased here in Madison, WI. He had this truck converted to the utility box in 1972 to have a better place to store his work equipment. Since then he has retired and taken the truck to many Power Wagon gatherings and truck shows. In 2000 he had the custom Russian lettering added for fun and this helped make this particular truck unique at shows. The original owner still uses this truck as his primary 4x4, just drove it from Madison to Necedah for deer hunting this past November. Owner is very meticulous and everything on this truck functions (except the passenger door lock) since the truck is still used today as a working truck.

Please contact Sy (owner) 608.222.6489 with any questions or to request additional photos.

1962 WM300 (1 ton) Dodge Power Wagon - Original owner, original order/build sheet included
    Period correct Knapheidi utility box conversion done in 1972
    This truck has the original 251 c.i. engine, it has just under 99,XXX miles. 170psi in each cylinder. The engine and carb were just rebuilt last year with only about 350 miles since the rebuild. 4 speed manual transmission with two-speed transfer case.

Specifications
    -251 inline 6
    -4 speed manual transmission
    -2 speed manual transfer case
    -All-track locking rear differential
    -5.84 axle gear ratio
    -Updated locking front hubs
    -Option 36 Gallon fuel tank
    -Braiden MV2 PTO power front Winch
    -Rear Window Guard
    -900 x 16 8 ply tires. 2 extra tires WWII non direction tread included with sale
    -Rear bumper-ettes from military Ambulance
    -Boarding ladder to access rear bed
    -4 extra brake drums included with sale
    -Pintel Hitch with 7-prong trailer wiring
    -Jerry can and mount on utility box
    -pioneer tool kit mounted to utility box
    -Many various manuals and spare parts included with sale

Known issues
    -Left rear wheel cylinder bleeder screw stuck (or at least too tight to try any harder to get out), but brakes operate fine
    -Passenger door lock cylinder has issues, cannot get key out when lock is in locked position. Sale Includes another cylinder set. Plenty of locking compartments on utility box for security

Comment

Comment

This truck has been to the rally quite a few times. People will remember it well. It will be fun to see it come back!
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Anyone who has had a chance to meet Sy, the trucks owner, he definitly adds to the trucks character! I know he has been out to Fairfield many times, I've seen some of the cool panoramic photos with all the trucks.

It has been hard for him to make the decision to sell. The decision has been a long time coming. I've ridden with him in the truck just around his hunting land and I cannot imagine sitting in it for a trip out to Iowa...a little less comfortable than I'm used to in a modern vehicle! :)

I am a car guy, but know nothing about Power Wagons, Sy just recruited me to help put his truck on the web. I've tried my best to accurately write the information as I understood it from Sy, but if something is incorrect, please let me know I probably lost something in translation.

Comment

Interested

Jonsy,

I left a message with Sy this afternoon but have not heard back. I am a very interested buyer and not a tire kicker. Please PM me a good price he is looking to get. Thanks!

Scott

Comment

Scott,

Sy (many of you may know him by his real name John, Sy is his nickname) is at the Rally in Fairfield. He left yesterday morning. He may call me from a phone there sometime this week, so if you want to post your number I can pass it on to him, otherwise he will get your message when he returns to his house.

I don't have access to PM features as I'm not a subcribed PWA forum user.

Thanks, Nate

Comment

I am at the Rally. John (Sy) asked if I could post his cell phone number, so that any interested parties like fatkatsupra can call him directly.
                It is six zero eight-219-0072

Comment

Working...
                X