1942 Dodge WC3 Navy truck for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 Dodge WC3 Navy truck for Sale

Quite a find, an original undestroyed WWII, believed to be a Wc3. This truck is a Northern California vehicle, from a Navy base near San Francisco, and has been on a local ranch since it's release from the Navy.
    The truck has been stored in a shed when not in use since the 1950s, and there is no rot evident at all. After a close inspection, it appears that there is only surface rust on the vehicle, no rot. This makes it a prime candidate for a full restoration.
    U.S.Navy number on hood sides and tailgate:262673
    Frame# 8685145 Cowl # 4190 15861 Motor: D46 64405
    Comes with original title and matching set of 1956 California plates that match the title. Sold with bill of sale!

The issues: Needs full restoration. Skirting edge around cab base has been removed. Right side windshield brace is corroded, though windshield frame is excellent. Needs floorboards, carb, coil, glove box door. No top.

The positives: Unmolested vehicle. Only bubba damage is minor. Hood number is known. All military fittings are present. Glass reflectors-2 excellent 1 decent, 1 needs help. The rare tailgate is present and in good shape/minor work. Utility rack on side-original. Civilian dash-early truck. No rot visible. Keys. Original radiator. Very rare spare tire holder and hardware, and original engine crank. Original bed in excellent vintage condition--front panel, tailgate, chains, deck, front panel, all here and good.
    The seats are in great shape, no rot visible, original springs all working and present, very unusual! Windshield frame is in great shape. Cab is undamaged, hood has some dents.

This is a prime candidate for a restoration. Very few parts are missing, it has not been modified or destroyed, and it is a rare Navy rig.
    Army trucks are much more common, and thusly less valuable. A rare truck!

This was said to be driven into the shed 15 years ago, possible more. The engine turns over freely by hand, and in the coming week I will try to start it.

Don't let this one slip away. If you have restored a vehicle before, you probably know that starting with a better vehicle makes all the difference. Here it is, the better vehicle.

36 Photobucket pictures:
    http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/da.../Dodge%20wc-21

Dodge Wc21

Up for $4500. Can help load this, can deliver within 500 miles, can hold for a few months with full payment and storage fee.

Comment

Very nice truck. I'd keep the original paint and just
      concentrate on restoring the mechanicals.....
      John

Comment

Originally posted by danlen View Post
        Quite a find, an original undestroyed WWII, believed to be a Wc3. This truck is a Northern California vehicle, from a Navy base near San Francisco, and has been on a local ranch since it's release from the Navy.
        The truck has been stored in a shed when not in use since the 1950s, and there is no rot evident at all. After a close inspection, it appears that there is only surface rust on the vehicle, no rot. This makes it a prime candidate for a full restoration.
        U.S.Navy number on hood sides and tailgate:262673
        Frame# 8685145 Cowl # 4190 15861 Motor: D46 64405
        Comes with original title and matching set of 1956 California plates that match the title. Sold with bill of sale!

The issues: Needs full restoration. Skirting edge around cab base has been removed. Right side windshield brace is corroded, though windshield frame is excellent. Needs floorboards, carb, coil, glove box door. No top.

The positives: Unmolested vehicle. Only bubba damage is minor. Hood number is known. All military fittings are present. Glass reflectors-2 excellent 1 decent, 1 needs help. The rare tailgate is present and in good shape/minor work. Utility rack on side-original. Civilian dash-early truck. No rot visible. Keys. Original radiator. Very rare spare tire holder and hardware, and original engine crank. Original bed in excellent vintage condition--front panel, tailgate, chains, deck, front panel, all here and good.
        The seats are in great shape, no rot visible, original springs all working and present, very unusual! Windshield frame is in great shape. Cab is undamaged, hood has some dents.

This is a prime candidate for a restoration. Very few parts are missing, it has not been modified or destroyed, and it is a rare Navy rig.
        Army trucks are much more common, and thusly less valuable. A rare truck!

This was said to be driven into the shed 15 years ago, possible more. The engine turns over freely by hand, and in the coming week I will try to start it.

Don't let this one slip away. If you have restored a vehicle before, you probably know that starting with a better vehicle makes all the difference. Here it is, the better vehicle.

36 Photobucket pictures:
        http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/da.../Dodge%20wc-21
        Send me an ad for Power Wagon Advertiser magazine, up to 100 words free. It must include an area code and phone number, since a lot of readers are not on the web.

Email your ad using the contact us link below.

For more information, go here:

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/placead.html
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Original paint

Hi Hobcobble, I agree with you completely.
          There is a trend nowadays for the hot rod guys doing old car restoration
          to clean up and coat the original paint on their vehicles with a clear coat, thus preserving and locking in the true historical look of the vehicle.
          This does of course require that the finish be in salvageable shape.
          Second to this is the creation of a vintage appearance by a skilled paint technician, which in some cases, such as the need for body work, is better.
          To my eye, a truck with just the right amount of fading, wear, different colored layers and damage has a look more beautiful than something shiny and perfect. And a few old markings puts it over the top.
          At the Tower Park meet in Stockton, Ca. that just happened, there were a few old rigs that the owners had preserved that looked just great. They were drawing alot of looks and compliments also.
          My current project, a WC52, will show the paint it has worn for the past 71 years--three colors worn back down to the original olive drab, the bed will be matched as best as I can with new paint.
          It's a great look, honors the history of the truck, and saves alot of money!
          Maybe the buyer of this old WC3 will see it that way as well.

Comment

As stated in my WWII Dodge truck posting above, you have a 1941 T211 WC-13 open cab pick up there. The serial number proves it's a T211 along with the bakelite junction block Insulator on the firewall. The motor is a replacement out of a 1953 Dodge Car. The cowl number 4190 is the year 41 and the number 90 for an open cab model. The 15,861 number is the production number of the cab. Only way I can figure this number out is that the T207 series open cab manufacturing numbers are included up to this cab production number.
            The truck appears to have been transfered from the original owner the Army, to the Navy at some time during it's use by the Gov. The Olive Drab Army paint can be seen under the Battleship Grey paint of the Navy. I bet if you are careful you can bring up the original Army Registration numbers on the hood and also the army unit numbers found on the Bumperetts.
            It would be a nice truck to restore. It is almost all there. Good luck in selling it.

Comment

Many thanks, Dozerman

For your intrepid research. Sounds like a t211 WC-13 to me.
              I will correct the ad.

Comment

Working...
              X