Hauling and purchasing logistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauling and purchasing logistics

Being new to this process, How do you find a good transporter and how do you make a purchase across states that is safe for both parties - the payer and the payee?

Welcome,

I assume you are talking about whole vehicles. A few years back I bought a W600 off of craigslist that was about 750 miles away. I got to know the seller fairly well, through a series of emails over a period of several weeks. He sent many pictures & gave a detailed history of the truck. He had owned it for over a decade.

When it come down to the purchase I just sent him a bank check via registered mail. I got the title & bill of sale back the same way.

It took some doing to get the truck transported. When I bought it, it was mid Nov & the truck was on a ranch up in the Rockies, inaccessible due to snow/ice. It was the following May before the seller could dig the truck out.
    I found a member on this forum, who lived about 250 miles from the seller, who had the set-up & was willing to go get the truck & bring it all the way to Tx. It was July 4th when I finally got my baby home.

The seller & transporter worked together communicating via email, then finally in person, to make the loading happen. I am grateful to both of them.

My advice to you is to get as much info & as many pictures as possible. Then go look at it yourself (if feasible) or find a nearby representative to go check it out in person.

It will involve a bit of risk, all purchases do.

Same for finding a hauler. Ask around on the forums. People will tell you who they have used in the past.

Regular sized vehicles that run are the easiest to deal with. Non-runners, or Giant King Kong W600's are a different matter.

Good luck,
    Bucky

Comment

Also due some research about what your state requires to title & register a vehicle from another state.

Bucky

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate the comments.
        Dan

Comment

Working...
        X