What is a channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a channel

This seems to be in many places on the forum what is a channel and do I need these ? also what is a blog post and how is it different from a post post ? Is it possible to have to much information.

I am not sure, can you explain more what channel you are referring?
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

If you go to the FFPW page in the center on the bottom of the page it says" read channel " above the forum there is channel mentioned again. Mark channel read appears twice on the page.

Comment

"Channel's" are the new term for Forum Categories or Sections in the Forums, Blogs, and Groups. I assume you are seeing things like "Mark This Channel Read", or "Mark Channels Read".

This change in terms is due to the newer software, the old version said things like "Mark This Forum Read", or "Mark Forums Read". This was done by the developers because they use the same structuring code for more than Forums in the new version.

If you are seeing anything else you have questions on let us know.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Ok, yes I see that. Channel is what they are referring to as that particular thread or post on the page.
          I believe this to be new wording that was not used on the previous forum.
          1967 W200.aka.Hank
          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

But why newer forum software used the word "Channel"... this is confusing!
            "Mark This Forum Read" or "Mark Forums Read" is understandable.

Comment

• W_A_Watson_II
              W_A_Watson_II commented
              Editing a comment
              juliadavid, Yea, Unfortunately change sucks and Marketing/Engineers are always having to change things. This update/upgrade was required and we had no option to keep the old terms.
          Working...
          X