Up loading pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up loading pics

I tried to post some pics from an IPhone and the site says my pics are to big to many pixcils tall and wide also too much mega bytes is there a way around this ?

Use an App on your Phone to re-size the photos. Curious do you know the Photo's Width, Height and File Size? We are working on these setting while trying to not cause a excessive server file size issue.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

It says my pic is 1.8 mb and max here is 125.0 kb also mine is 2448x2448 and max here is 2592x1944. I do appreciate all that has been done here for the new site but Im not very computer literate and have tried doing the pic resizing for another site through an app and for me its complicated sometimes its resized correctly and sometimes its off by a small amount and has to be redone. The other sites I use can use my pics from my phone and up load without a second or third step. I understand this is the limits for the the forum software that has been chosen, for me it leads to not posting pics

Comment

I'm not an iPhone user, but from what I've read it dosn't support picture resizing natively like an Android Phone. Each Forum Software reacts differently, and we are looking to see what we can do to improve the processes. Thanks for the info.

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

Comment

l think it has more to do with the phone than it does with the site = a phones browser has built in limitations as to pictures sizes , some of the pictures l posted were 1.7mb or larger from a LapTop and had NO problems / and as a test l tried to view my pictures on my so called "smart phone" ya right!! and l tried to post a picture l already posted and the site would not let me say.in they were to BIG

Comment

The software is a little finicky, and I have had issues with the picture size in pixels more so than megabits. Will continue to investigate and see what's the deal.

Thanks,
            Will
            WAWII.com

Comment

Tried to up load a short video and got Im not allowed to use something with MOV on it ?

Comment

Sorry, we arn't yet set to host Videos, you will need to use a service to host it and then share it here.

Thanks,
                Will
                WAWII.com

Comment

Originally posted by preaction View Post
                  Tried to up load a short video and got Im not allowed to use something with MOV on it ?
                  Just download to a YouTube video, this way you can just paste the link to your message and you can also send the link to others without having to wait for it to download again.

Comment

Texcwa, I hear what your saying and think its a great idea I just don't have the skill set to do all of that. As we all know a picture is worth a thousand words I hope getting the site to as easily as possible to post pics from people of all computer skill sets is in the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by DODGEBOYS View Post
                      l think it has more to do with the phone than it does with the site = a phones browser has built in limitations as to pictures sizes , some of the pictures l posted were 1.7mb or larger from a LapTop and had NO problems / and as a test l tried to view my pictures on my so called "smart phone" ya right!! and l tried to post a picture l already posted and the site would not let me say.in they were to BIG
                      All of the pics I have tried to post have been from a desktop PC, up loaded to a PC and when going to post a browse button comes up choose a picture from whats on your PC and post to the website. This is the only system I have ever had so it used to work on this forum.

Comment

Preaction, Sorry for your problems, but the new Forum Software is not the same as before and we are one of the few sites using this latest release. Here is a short How To, to hopefully help.

After pressing the BOLD CAPITAL "A" for Advanced Editor, please select the "Image" menu Icon PostPix1.jpg

Then a Pop Up Menu will appear, then select the Upload Tab: PostPix2.jpg

Then the Pop Up Menu will chnage, and select "Choose File" PostPix3.jpg

Then a Normal Computer Open/Select file window will be displayed. Go find the image you want to upload and after selecting it click the appropriate Open/Select Button. PostPix4.jpg

Now the previous Pop Up will be displayed with the file name and location entered. Now the trick is to select the "Send to the Server"If you just click the Green OK button you will get a nasty message saying "Image source URL is missing." So be sure to slick the "Send to the Server Button. PostPix5.jpg

Then you be presented with the earlier populated Pop Up. You can select the Alignment, add an Alt Description and change the size (to some extent). You will notice the system down sizes the image. Then you can select the green "OK" button. PostPix6.jpg

Now the selected image is uploaded and inserted into the post creation or reply at the point you were editing. PostPix7.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                        Will
                        WAWII.com

Comment

if your posting from PC why aint they posting

Comment

Originally posted by DODGEBOYS View Post
                            if your posting from PC why aint they posting
                            DodgeBoys, you are linking to a Photo rather than uploading.

Thanks,
                            Will
                            WAWII.com

Comment

that pic above was GRABBED from the net and linked to here = basically l STOLE it to post here and its off of Wikipedia = l posted the link to it also below it = its that easy to post a PIC

Comment

Working...
                              X