2014 rally was great but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 rally was great but....

This years rally had all the elements for a great rally. Good weather for the most part, trucks everywhere, seeing old friends and making new ones. The food was very good like other years. The trail rides are the best we've had since I've been attending offering challenges to those who wanted to try out their trucks. The teeter board and truck pull put man and machine to the test as well this year. The VPW crew did their utmost to make it a successful rally once again.

Which brings me to the topic of this thread. The rally was great but... there was an empty table and chair in the registration building this year. One of my highlights every year is to see Gordon at his post waiting to listen to everyone who comes to sit and tell their stories. Gordon as we all know is a wonderful listener. It doesn't matter if he's heard the same story umpteen times he will listen and add his comments as he sees fit. The knowledge and passion this man has for Power Wagons is unsurpassed. I have been fortunate to have had several articles published in the PWA only to have people come up and say how much they enjoyed reading them. If not for Gordon and his passion I would never have had this chance to a published author.

Those of you who attended the banquet on Saturday night know what a special thing we saw as only Gordon could put together so we could feel his presence with us that night. The room was totally silent as per Gordon's request so that we would get the full meaning of his slideshow. I had a hard time as I'm sure others did seeing that last slide knowing that our friend could not be with us. But rest assured that he was felt in that room.

Gordon, as you read this which I'm sure you will, let me say that it is my great honor to be called one of your many friends. We all continue to pray for your recovery and you are in our thoughts. You were missed at the rally but never forgotten. I hope to see you soon.

I'd like to second Ron's sentiments? Thanks Doug Ryan

Comment

I "third" what Ron said. I realized the banquet (something I normally look forward to) was not going to be the same. I love listening to Gordon talk about trucks and life. While watching the slide show in complete silence, not sure how the Sophie stayed quiet, I could hear Gordon reading the slides to me.
      Thanks Gordon for putting together a piece for the banquet. You were missed, but thought about often!!

Jill

Comment

Working...
      X