Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Iowa Rally nostalgic photo thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice pics gordan

We go to a car show and cruise that happens a few towns over from us in the summer. Its mostly for muscle cars and hot rods. I usually bring my 1951or my '70 Cadillac hearse. I get a good reception with those. I brought my 48 power wagon a couple of times, not much interest, only a few mopars there. Maybe some interest when I bring my '62 townie this summer.

steve from maine
    Last edited by Julz; 01-27-2007, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Johnny Burrito's 99 Rally Site

Just found this url when cleaning house. There are some really nice pictures
      of the 99 rally.
      http://www.johnnyburrito.com/iowa99.htm

Comment

3 pt.hitch teeter video

http://photos.imageevent.com/jaybgoo...s/3ptclint.wmv

not as impressive as when Clint balanced this truck down at the town square with the Good Roads Plow

Comment

But.....

Originally posted by jaybgood View Post
          http://photos.imageevent.com/jaybgoo...s/3ptclint.wmv

not as impressive as when Clint balanced this truck down at the town square with the Good Roads Plow
          They had the wheel chocks tighter under the teeter board that year at the town square. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Clint, care to give us a hint as to what attachment will be on your truck this year? Or are you bringing everything for the big show? You, Spence and your lovely bride always put on a good demonstration. See you in June.

Comment

Thanks for the coments Ron.

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
              Clint, care to give us a hint as to what attachment will be on your truck this year? Or are you bringing everything for the big show? You, Spence and your lovely bride always put on a good demonstration. See you in June.
              It is always a team effort and surely wouldn't go as smoothly without my big brother, and right-hand man, Spence at my side. And I don't think I could trust anyone other than Martie at the controls inside the cab. And then there is never a shortage of volunteers who help with everything from lifting and moving equipment to crowd control.

We spent a whole day last fall working with the saw and a good blade, getting it all adjusted and fine tuned. That day was very fun and productive as we learned a few tricks and discovered some mistakes that were made in the past, but we cut up most my logs that day. I don't want to chance it on some logs that I have not watched grow and have the personal knowlege that there has been no steel driven into them. So, I was thinking maybe using either the screw type log splitter or the concrete mixer, but both need work to complete and circumstances this year have kept me focused on other priorities. This year's Rally for me may become somewhat shortened with stuff brought for display only.

Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
              X