Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Oth Vintage Power Wagon Rally schedule

Hi to all,

I wanted to take this time to update many of you who are asking about this years 20th reunion of the Vintage Power Wagon Rally. Many of you have been asking for details. We do hope that many of you are planning on attending, bringing your family members and of course one or more of your military or civilian old Dodges with you. We've had a few major stumbling blocks to get through this year, but we've made considerable headway in establishing our new schedule for this event.

Because it is our 20th, we are hoping to have the largest attendance ever and would like to encourage you to plan on bringing at least one truck and possibly more. We have already heard that many are bringing more than one vehicle. If you've attended before, then you know what a special event the rally is and why folks keep returning. If you've never attended, we'd like to encourage you to come out and gather with a large number of enthusiasts that love old Dodges in the same way you do.

The schedule is finally coming together with only a few last minute details remaining. We will be posting soon, the entire schedule, registration forms that include all the details about lodging, as well as maps. We have a number of folks who signed up for helping us with this years rally. We will be contacting them soon to let them know what areas we require assistance in.

To give you a sneak preview, our 20th rally will include some of the following events:

Free weiner roast at the Gene Buch Farm- Gene and Helen have agreed to provide their farm again for this big event.

Cash prize for the teeter board competition

Dinner at Packwood, many of you have requested we return to this location for our Wednesday night meal, (Yes Ron, we heard you!)

Road Rally to Mt. Pleasant Iowa to tour one of the largest collections of Americana at the Old Threshers Museum

Special outdoor breakfast on the square, Saturday morning. We've moved the parade back an hour, so we can all enjoy a nice breakfast on the square while our trucks are parked. The public is invited to this event and we should have a larger than usual turnout.

1st Gallery Showing on the square of many of my photos and memorabilia from my personal 25 year collection.

Contra Dance on Friday night after the BBQ in an old downtown original VFW post equipped with 1950s decor. If you don;t know what a contra dance is, you will have to come and find out!

Special events planned for women and children with an out of town bus trip.

Banquet at our new location in the old 1911 National Guard Armory near the square.

More trailrides including extra ones planned for Saturday afternoon.

Our shop will be open everday for your parts needs and some of our demonstrations.

And don't forget about the trucks! More trucks than you can imagine. We invite all of you to return to Iowa in June, bring yourselves, your families and friends, your trucks and your parts and join us for one event you won;t forget. We ask for your help in encouraging other Dodge owners to attend. Next time you see that friend or aquaintance you've been meaning to speak, tell them about the rally.

All of us look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Watch this website, our website at www.vintagepowerwagons.com for more upcoming rally details.

See you in June!

Sincerely,

Dave Butler and the entire VPW staff

Hot Dog!

I could not resist. The wiener roast at Gene's farm is a really great bit of Americana. It is great fun to see all of the folks who never get to go to that kind of thing, and how much fun they have.

Thank you Dave....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Dave and crew, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This has made my week, not only going to Packwood but to be going back to the Buch Farm as well. I knew you guys would come through. I don't know what a contra Dance is but if it's anything like a good old square dance I'm in. I would like to do a demonstration on bodywork showing how to make patch panels if I may to add to the rally. I will of course be bringing my two trucks and I've been working on spreading the word to my east coast friends to join us in Iowa. Sounds like you have things well in hand and we all look forward to making this an outstanding event. Thanks again.

Comment

Does this mean I would have to split with my dog if I would win the teeter board competition? LOL

See you in June!!

Jill

Comment

Jill,
          With all the holes filled in with metal, and a new coat of paint, you are going to have to relearn the balance point of your truck.
          Jeff

Comment

Yes, that is true. I actually never got it to balance. : ) Maybe this will be the year!!!!

Jill

Comment

Now I Gotta' Sign-Up

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
              Dave and crew, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This has made my week, not only going to Packwood but to be going back to the Buch Farm as well. I knew you guys would come through. I don't know what a contra Dance is but if it's anything like a good old square dance I'm in. I would like to do a demonstration on bodywork showing how to make patch panels if I may to add to the rally. I will of course be bringing my two trucks and I've been working on spreading the word to my east coast friends to join us in Iowa. Sounds like you have things well in hand and we all look forward to making this an outstanding event. Thanks again.
              If Ron is going to be doin' that demo, I am going to make the effort to attend. Jill, I think they'll have enough weiner's so's you won't have to share! Looking forward to seeing the PPE all back together.

Comment

Bruce, you had to be there to catch Jill's meaning on splitting her prize with her "dog". Come to Iowa and we'll let you in on it. I will be doing the demo one way or another at the rally to share what I have learned but don't make my little part be the only reason. I'm sure it will be a great time with plenty of trucks and friends old and new. See you there. Oh and bring a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Stearnes View Post
                  Does this mean I would have to split with my dog if I would win the teeter board competition? LOL

See you in June!!

Jill
                  Woooof Woof!!
                  Just a Dog ya know...
                  Judd

Comment

I look forward to seeing everyone in June.

Jon Martin
                    Morton, Illinois

Comment

Question

This will be my first Rally - first of many i hope - im curious as to how large a swap meet / vendor area usually happens there.

Comment

Originally posted by Judd View Post
                        Woooof Woof!!
                        Just a Dog ya know...
                        Judd
                        Have you had your shots yet?...= )
                        Where have you been hiding Nebraski Boy?
                        Too famous for the little people that got you your start?? ha!ha!
                        MN

Comment

Originally posted by counciller View Post
                          This will be my first Rally - first of many i hope - im curious as to how large a swap meet / vendor area usually happens there.
                          There is no large vendor area and the swap meet is usually 3-4 other PW guys with parts for sale. This year may be the exception with a larger attendence being anticipated. Anyone can bring in whatever they want to find it a new home. I took a tailgate I restored and did my own silent auction which went well.
                          And yes going to the rally can be habit forming as many will attest to that fact. You'll have a good time.

Comment

I would think, for those looking for parts...that Dave and Jens have enough laying around....
                            MN

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                              I would think, for those looking for parts...that Dave and Jens have enough laying around....
                              MN
                              Well that certainly goes without saying. I remember my first to VPW in 1999 to pick up the parts needed for my 59 W200. As we pulled into the yard that late afternoon I told my wife to just pick me up the next morning for I had surely come the the mecca of Dodge Power Wagons. I've since lead people to the areas I know of at VPW in their search for parts and trucks. Dave and and his staff are constantly on the run answering questions and locating whatever a person is looking for. It is a site to behold as you wander through the buildings for the first time admiring all the stock that they do carry on hand. Norm you really should check it out first hand, hint hint.

Comment

Working...
                              X