Hittin the trail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hittin the trail...

The Hat Creek Cattle Co. & Livery Emporium will be heading for Iowa on the 4th or 5th of June. Anyone from this neck-of-the-woods or West is welcome to tag along for all or part of the journey. Probably be taking I-80 a fair piece before dropping down to Rt34 for some peace and quiet...

C.D.
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

I just got a note from Dave, indicating that he was coming to the rally in Fairfield. Great news; I have not seen him for a long time....

:-)
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Cruel twist of fate...

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      I just got a note from Dave, indicating that he was coming to the rally in Fairfield. Great news; I have not seen him for a long time....

:-)
      I wrote you so you would hear it straight from me...wouldn't want to give you too much of a shock by just showing up ananounced!

I was pretty sure that, even with my right arm out of commision, I would be able to perform a few upgardes on GUS, re-deck the trailer, and do a full service on the dually in the month remaining before "R-Day"

On my way back from the Shop today, the dually got t-boned by a 91 year-old geezer. While still driveable, PoCampo is pretty well banged up. So I now have another challenge to overcome, and I have no control over it at all. Still, I will do my best to be there.

My only consolation is that the offend 2007 sedan was totalled...I drove away.

C.D.
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
        I wrote you so you would hear it straight from me...wouldn't want to give you too much of a shock by just showing up ananounced!

I was pretty sure that, even with my right arm out of commision, I would be able to perform a few upgardes on GUS, re-deck the trailer, and do a full service on the dually in the month remaining before "R-Day"

On my way back from the Shop today, the dually got t-boned by a 91 year-old geezer. While still driveable, PoCampo is pretty well banged up. So I now have another challenge to overcome, and I have no control over it at all. Still, I will do my best to be there.

My only consolation is that the offend 2007 sedan was totalled...I drove away.

C.D.
        I am glad you are well. Will his insurance buy you a new truck?

Comment

I am glad you are well. Will his insurance buy you a new truck?
          This only happened a few hours ago. I will be seeing my agent in the AM. We both have the same company but I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I sort of doubt there is anyway I'd get a new truck...I really like this one! It has taken me a lot of effort to set it up the way I want it. There is no way I could actually replace it, without building another.

C.D.
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

This only happened a few hours ago. I will be seeing my agent in the AM. We both have the same company but I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I sort of doubt there is anyway I'd get a new truck...I really like this one! It has taken me a lot of effort to set it up the way I want it. There is no way I could actually replace it, without building another.

C.D.
            Do you think it is close to a total?

Comment

Do you think it is close to a total?
              I doubt it. You may remember reading posts by Dick Lennox, also of Cheyenne. He owns a series of body/detail shops here in town. I've seen some pretty hideous damage repaired by his guys over the years...stuff I'd never dream would be repairable.

PoCampo seems to have no frame damage. The passenger door and rocker panel were hit hard, as was the lower rear cab corner. In fact the rear of the cab was push about an inch to the left of centered. The passenger side of the box , including the front bulkhead and the wheel flare probably need replaced. That's not a tough job for Dick, in and of itself. But if you remember my topper, you can guess what a chore it can be just to get it off the truck. It's not something I'd want anyone else to attempt. With working on GUS and the trailer, I don't know if I have time to do, or even oversee this project too.

I guess I will learn a whole lot more tomorrow. MY POOR TRUCK! It only has 217K and runs and drives like a dream!
              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
              1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Close to a total?

Too close for comfort! Got a "worse case scenerio' estimate today...almost $9k. The truck books for around 11.5K. I meet with adjuster in the AM.

C.D.
                1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

I doubt it. You may remember reading posts by Dick Lennox, also of Cheyenne. He owns a series of body/detail shops here in town. I've seen some pretty hideous damage repaired by his guys over the years...stuff I'd never dream would be repairable.

PoCampo seems to have no frame damage. The passenger door and rocker panel were hit hard, as was the lower rear cab corner. In fact the rear of the cab was push about an inch to the left of centered. The passenger side of the box , including the front bulkhead and the wheel flare probably need replaced. That's not a tough job for Dick, in and of itself. But if you remember my topper, you can guess what a chore it can be just to get it off the truck. It's not something I'd want anyone else to attempt. With working on GUS and the trailer, I don't know if I have time to do, or even oversee this project too.

I guess I will learn a whole lot more tomorrow. MY POOR TRUCK! It only has 217K and runs and drives like a dream!
                  Even if you could not bring your truck, we would love to see you, and you could come in your car.

Comment

Dave,
                    Just read this thread, glad you are OK!

Comment

Even if you could not bring your truck, we would love to see you, and you could come in your car.
                      "Car"? What is this "car" thing you speak of? Is this some sort of flatlander slang? Gordon, you confuse me sometimes!

C.D.
                      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                      1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Thanks Norm!

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                        Dave,
                        Just read this thread, glad you are OK!
                        All is well with me and repairs are under way on PoCampo. It took me several hours yesterday to empty the truck and topper and most of today taking the topper off. Looks like I will have some Dodge 3500 parts to sell.

My rental is a Jeep Liberty...thought you'd be proud of me!

C.D.
                        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                        1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Ha!Ha! It's mandatory that you wear pink......or at least a Hawaiian shirt......= )
                          What 3500 parts are you going to have left over???

Comment

"Car"? What is this "car" thing you speak of? Is this some sort of flatlander slang? Gordon, you confuse me sometimes!

C.D.
                            Ask your young bride about the word car. I suspect that she has one. You two could drive it to the rally.

Comment

I LOVE it!

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                              Ha!Ha! It's mandatory that you wear pink......or at least a Hawaiian shirt......= )
                              What 3500 parts are you going to have left over???
                              I have a great shirt from my dad. It's a shark print, green and white...This will be great fun!!!!
                              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                              1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Working...
                              X