VPW Rally Poll for attendees and non-attendees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPW Rally Poll for attendees and non-attendees

How would you rate your interest in the annual VPW Rally?

5) Attended the first year. Have attended every year since. Typically plan for the next Rally a year in advance and can’t imagine the horror of missing a year. Maybe have put an event of lesser importance on the back burner during Rally week, i.e.: wedding, graduation, etc. (year’s events revolve around the Rally).

4) Have attended more than half of the VPW Rallies. The years that you did not attend have proven to be pure torture. Deep dark depression and withdrawal symptoms tend to result from lack of the fix.

3) Missed one or more in the beginning. Never realized what you were missing until you attended one. Have attended as many as possible since.

2) Attended one or more. Found it to be kind of fun. Can take it or leave it.

1) Have never attended one but hope to someday.

0) Have never attended one. Can not understand why anyone would get all worked up about a gathering of Power-Wagon family. Have more important things to do. Could care less.

I'll admit it

I am a "5".

Comment

I'm a 3 and looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Comment

Rally

I am a one (1). SOME DAY!!!!!!

Comment

Warren,
          You would have a blast there; I have been to two. Several M37's are usually there as well as WC's. In 2006 there were two WC 63's with Cummins conversions.
          Too bad you aren't going this year. I need a door hauled home! haha
          I will let you know when I will be up your way this fall.

Comment

Rally

Dave,
            I would like to be able to bring that door back for you and have taken in a Rally. At this point I can see no reason why I can't go next year. It may sound absurd but that is my feeling at this time.
            Still have that lunch offer on the table when you are available.

Comment

This fall should work.
              Take care,
              Dave

Comment

I fall upon a #1

I would love to be able to put faces to names here on PWA.
                I am still seeing if I can make it down this year (I still might get lucky)
                Just have to wait and see with the family and all :)

Comment

I unfortunately am a #1 :(, but hope to someday say I am a #3 :). I was trying my best to make it this year and finish the truck to bring it, but the truck is not finished and other matters have prevented me from attending. I have already told the wife we will be there next year and it is already on the calendar. Ya'll have a great time and hope every day is sunny for the rally.

Doug

Comment

I would be a 3, missing all until 2004. Unfortunately, I was a long-time holdout on getting a computer in the house and didn't realize the rally or VPW existed until 2004. I used to live in my own little world....some say I still do.

Comment

I would be a #3, When I lived in Illinois (1992-1997), I heard about it, but never ventured to Iowa for the Rally. I've done 3 of teh last 4. Last year, it was Hawai`i or Iowa and well, Hawai`i won ;o)

Be arriving on Wednesday this year...

Pieter

Comment

Embarassed to say I am a "1." Should be able to make the jump to a "3," but can't go this year. Guess I would have to go to the next 20 or so to be a "4," which would be OK with me.

Comment

I would be a 1 1/2...never been but am going this year...wouldn't miss it, looking forward to meeting those that have helped me along the way and thanking them in person. Looking forward to those "Iowa Chops" too. Kevin

Comment

Think this scale is a little unfair. Those of us who are have never attended but hope to should be ranked higher than those who were able to go but "can take it or leave it."

Comment

Originally posted by NNICKB View Post
                              Think this scale is a little unfair. Those of us who are have never attended but hope to should be ranked higher than those who were able to go but "can take it or leave it."
                              The numbers were assigned arbitrarily to 6 categories that I pared down from about an initial 10 or so. There is no status-quo attached to any of the numbers or categories. Fractions and decimals are encouraged. I did not think of that at first. I admit that I am not very good at creating this type of survey as I have no idea of the perspective of someone who has not attended every Rally. If anyone has a need to be embarrassed, it would be me. Attending every Rally, putting other events on hold, missing other functions, and letting my year revolve around the Rally schedule implies that I have no real life outside of Power-Wagons.

Actually, I do like farm auctions. But I am usually looking for Power-Wagon parts when there…

It’s all in fun. ;^)

Comment

Working...
                              X