Live web updates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live web updates???

Has anyone thought of having up-links to the forums from the rally? I'm sure there will be truckloads of laptops and digital cameras at the rally, maybe someone is already doing this sort of thing. I have no talent in this area, but I would suspect someone like J.B.Good may already be all over this...

C.D.
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

I usually post pictures on my webpage during the rally. I can then post on the forums with the address.

Jill

www.stearnes.com

Comment

Hmmmmm...

Originally posted by Jill Stearnes View Post
      I usually post pictures on my webpage during the rally. I can then post on the forums with the address.

Jill

www.stearnes.com
      Maybe Gordon will have a laptop at his table...

C.D.
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Well, it's probably too late for this year, but what a great idea! Dave (Jens) could add that feature as a marketing method, then those of us that couldn't make it can kick ourselves even harder!
        Live streaming video of trail rides, activities, Gordon's talk, the parade, etc, good idea CD!

Comment

How about this..

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
          Well, it's probably too late for this year, but what a great idea! Dave (Jens) could add that feature as a marketing method, then those of us that couldn't make it can kick ourselves even harder!
          Live streaming video of trail rides, activities, Gordon's talk, the parade, etc, good idea CD!
          Norm, if this all comes to be, and you still can not make the VPW Rally in 2008, I'll send a bottle of Midwest mud to you. Then, while you are in the comfort of your home, watching the streaming video of the trail rides, you can dip your fingers in the muck every now and then and then flick the slop on yourself, and at your monitor, to get the full effect. ;^)

(Safety glasses required. Best used with your thermostat set at 95 degrees F and your humidifier at 99%. Mosquitos optional.)

Comment

Ha!Ha! Scratch and sniff monitors can be added later since nearly all rallies smell like burnt oil anyway......= )

Comment

If I can find internet access via wireless, I can upload pic's to my photo site as well... I probably need to see if there are any wireless spots in fairfield...

Pieter

Comment

50 years ago...it was ALL wireless......= )

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
                  Maybe Gordon will have a laptop at his table...

C.D.
                  I may have one, though not mine, but I don't think the fairgrounds has any wireless internet.
                  Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Coffee Shops??

I will check on tuedays if any of the local (Fairfield) businesses have wireless access and post back what I find

Comment

I have a cel phone modem for my laptop. Also if I remember correctly the Best Western has wireless. I remember surfing the net by the pool.

Jill

Comment

50 years ago...it was ALL wireless. Not any more!

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                        50 years ago...it was ALL wireless......= )
                        Plenty of wires now:

Barbed wire...Woven wire...Baling wire...

Comment

Our oldest son got married last weekend. We sent him and his bride on a cruise in the Carribean for their honeymoon.
                          They have a web cam on the bow of the ship that anyone can access, so we have been occasionally looking to see where the ship is. It is really neat.
                          It would be cool to have one in Fairfield for when their are special events- like Clint demonstrating the rear pto set up or Ron with sheet metal? :)

Comment

Somebody must have a web cam back there???
                            The phone companies used to send them to you free as a promotional gimic.
                            Lap top and a "Hood Cam"???

Comment

Originally posted by jaybgood View Post
                              I will check on tuedays if any of the local (Fairfield) businesses have wireless access and post back what I find
                              That would be great if you could do that. I'm gonna have to hit the web at least once or twice to keep up with my school requirements..

Pieter

Comment

Working...
                              X