The official "Who can't go to the VPW Rally" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official "Who can't go to the VPW Rally" thread

Misery loves company, so , who else can not go to the rally this year? I had plans to attend, but, our lawn equipment shop is flooded with business this year, after 2 years of drought conditions here.
    Since my partner and I are the only 2 employees, there is no way I can go off for a week and leave him without help.
    Really hate to miss the big 20 year bash, but, got to take care of business first.
    hope everyone going takes lots of photos and posts them here.
    Jeff

Jeff, sorry to hear you can't make it. I know you were on the fence about going to the rally and how hard it will be for you not to attend. So send Grant and the lovely Wallene to get pictures and we'll find some sweet tea to drink. I was looking forward to dancing with you folks on Friday night. Glad your business is going well, it's like us feast or famine.

Comment

Jeff in north Texas-small world dept

I see you have a lawn equipment business in Denton. Do you know Bob Sark who has a wholesale greenhouse business in Little Elm?
      He is my wife's first cousin.
      Dave

Comment

michigan can't go either
        i just started a new job after being laid off here in MI since feb 28th...

after working for the same dealership group for 22 years, i was the the odd man out when "consultants" suggested reducing "excessive personnel
        expense"... cheap labor over experience seems to be short term fix over profits.

since GM has eliminated OLDS dealers, and started combining BUICK into
        PONTIAC-GMC stores, there is a surplus of experienced partsmen, all vying for the same (read few) openings. hence lower wages.

one of the largest BUICK dealers in MI...
        on TELEGRAPH RD one of the busiest thoroughfares in the state...
        in the wealthiest earning per capita county in the state...
        just threw in the towel and sold his franchise to the PONTIAC store across the street.
        HE had been one of the top 5 or 10 buick dealers in the country.

SOOOOOOOO... PIETER and JILL, YOU ARE OUR EYES OUT THERE...
        PIX ---STREAMING VIDEO---SATELITE IMAGING...
        DO IT ALL...
        rick

Comment

michigan anecdote

on the plus side...

the guy who engineered by "departure" is now serving 7-14 for
          EMBEZZLEMENT...

there really is a GOD... WHO works in mysterious ways
          rickt4498

Comment

Dave,
            I don't know him, but I have heard the name before. Little Elm is about 18 miles from here and is really a fast growing area.
            Jeff

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
            I see you have a lawn equipment business in Denton. Do you know Bob Sark who has a wholesale greenhouse business in Little Elm?
            He is my wife's first cousin.
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
              Jeff, sorry to hear you can't make it. I know you were on the fence about going to the rally and how hard it will be for you not to attend. So send Grant and the lovely Wallene to get pictures and we'll find some sweet tea to drink. I was looking forward to dancing with you folks on Friday night. Glad your business is going well, it's like us feast or famine.
              Ron, you can't post here, this thread is for us losers who are staying home! Go away and work on some metal......= )
              Like they used to say in Boston, Brooklyn and Chicago*,...wait 'til next year!

* Sorry Ugg, I guess they STILL say that in Chicago....= )

Comment

Working...
              X