Farthest Distance Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farthest Distance Award

Well, who's going to be the farthest traveled to the Rally?

I usually clock in around 1,100-1,200 miles round trip from Michigan.

I know there is a New Jersey person (by air and truck)
    I wonder if that counts... HaHa

Pieter

You can count me out. : ) 314 round trip!!!

Jill

Comment

as long as theres no

repeat of last years unscheduled overnight stay in Atlanta. On the up side Delta made good with $800 worth of vouchers.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
        repeat of last years unscheduled overnight stay in Atlanta.
        Wouldn't Atlanta be a little out of the way...
        hey, vouchers are good!

Comment

Thats what I thought

Delta ticketing /boarding in Newark NJ put us on the wrong plane . Hay buddy your in our seats, while plane for DesMoines takes off. Delta says oops and sends us to their main hub in Atlanta where we get stuck because heavy storms in Forida and Georgia cause delays and begin to overwhelm the east coast air traffic control computers. FAA reroutes air traffic control to Colorado computers and the whole system crashes.no flights anywhere till next day, Delta puts us up in the finest roach motel in Atlanta, slept above covers with cloths on. Next morning backlog of outbound flights causing near fisticufs at ticketing counter. I calmly explain my ongoing ordeal to an exasperated ticket agent who's parroting "no flights , nothing I can do" to customers who are berating him like its his fault. he asks me to step back while he furiosly types and endures insults and taunts from other customers.
          he glances up and winks at us says "got one, hold on", more insults and tantrums from other travelers. more typing and rapid glances at screen. a smirk comes over his face and he looks at us and motions us forward. Here are your tickets Mr Connelly enjoy your flight. 27 hours after we left NJ we're in Des Moines and the rental car is a turd brown ford taurus. Molly spies a red mustang convertible in the lot. We go back in to hertz and explain our journey to the rental lady and we drive off the lot in the convertible heading to Fairfeild with the wind in her hair and the sun on my bald spot.

Comment

And as they say, the rest is history. I hope you got the "newbie" out of those overalls if you're planning on wearing them in Iowa this year. LOL. Looking forward to seeing you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Ron

That brings back good memories. This year I'm thinking of wardrobe changes white painters overalls and a black cowboy hat. Kevin in Reebocks; the fellow in the blue shirt, left of Molly is Bob from NJ .You got your 9ft utiline bed from him. Kevin hows it look for an Indiana visit? I got some vouchers = )

Comment

Howdy Partner.......Reebocks?....I prefer Nikes myself.....Indianas looking 50/50 right now....will know for sure when it gets closer...got any extra vouchers?.......Kevin

Comment

Working...
                X