My curse, your blessing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My curse, your blessing

Unfortunate circumstances with rainfall and river crests have left the city of Des Moines with floods rival to those of the 100 year flood of 1993. The major difference between then and now is that it appears our fresh water supply will remain safe.
    Although my home in the burbs is not affected by the high waters, my job certainly is. As one of DMFD’s swift water personnel I am looking to keep very busy over the next several days. Additional severe thunderstorms in the one-week forecast will add to the already dismal circumstances here.
    At this time it appears as though the rain has cursed me and I will not be able to make the rally in Fairfield. I will miss seeing the friendly faces and outstanding trucks at this year’s event. My curse, however, may be a blessing to all those rally-goers who plan to have fun in the mud.

Enjoy and know that I wish I could have Fenway there.

For those flying into Des Moines this weekend, the airport remains open at this time but roads north of the airport are closed. All traffic leaving the airport will be directed southbound to the Highway 65 bypass for exodus from the city. This should not pose a problem for anyone going south to Fairfield.

flood

i am from the norwalk area and own a lawncare company and am unsure if i can attend also. im caught up mowing, just doing alot of basement drainings for people.

Comment

Worried No More

I was concerned about this, mentioned it to Dorothy tonight, she said we were supposed to be there! Work had other ideas on my where-a-bouts?

Comment

Some of the crowd took your mud advice.

I filled my ramcharger for the ride home.
        Attached Files
        1949 B-1 PW
        1950 B-2 PW
        1965 WM300
        1968 D200 camper special (W200 conversion)
        1970 Challenger RT 383
        1987 Ramcharger 4x4
        1991.5 W250 diesel
        1999 Jeep Cherokee limited 4x4
        2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Comment

Working...
        X