NP4530 transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP4530 transmission

Was in prefectly good working order until I dissassembled it. I *thought* it was a 435 and started to tear it down to install a Novak output shaft and adapter for use in a CJ7, and it wasn't until I compared the old and new output shafts side by side that I finally decided to take a close look at the tag on the side. D'OH! Guarranteed to be complete. Reassemble it and you're good to go. Come pick it up at my place!

Don

I wonder, if that trans is the forerunner to the NP4500, if a 5th gear can be added to it???
    MN

Comment

I've got 3 trans with the same numbers, door tag and one trans shop said the are 445s

Comment

Hi Fred,
        See my post at the other 4530 thread.

Comment

Norm:

Is the 4500 the same as the 540? Thanks for that exploded view in the other thread.

Later
          Ugg

Comment

No,
            It's an entirely different animal. In fact the 4500 has the fifth gear OUTSIDE the main case, that's why I wondered about the 4530.
            MN

Comment

Is it rumor or fact, that you can change the 4th and 5th gears positison
              and have an overdrive by doing so?

know a good gear shop to ask?

Comment

On which transmission? The 4530 or any trans??
                I haven't heard that, but then again, I'm young and inexperienced.....= )
                MN

Comment

on the 540 five speed.
                  you guys that live in an area where there is shops that might know can check, out here, there isn't many gear shops.

have never heard of any way to change the 4spds

Comment

Fred:

Mine has the OD already, or so I've been told. It's all a new critter to me, but if and when I can get the capital up to bring the Beast in to get the seals and gaskets changed, I'll ask.

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

I'll be standing by.....
                      Ugg, can you take your $14 dollar digital camera out there sometime and take a picture of that 540?
                      You know the drill, cap off, focus, good lighting...etc..
                      Thanks

Comment

Norm:

It's a $10.00 digital camera, and it really SUCKS on closeups! There's no cap, no focus no nuthin. On the bright side though, we just found out that we may be able to get that digital SLR thru my wife's job, which means we can use her bonus points to pay for it, and they're worth MUCH more if we use em thru her work.

Later
                        Ugg

Comment

Thanks
                          (Short answer as we are supposed to stay on subject here)

Comment

There Ya Go Again!

Nammy:

What is it with you and hijacking? You KNOW the ZOOKEEPER will get ya if ya don't watch out. ;>) I'm tellin! HA!

Later
                            Ugg

Comment

Hi Don-got turned on to this thread by MoparNorm. I was wondering if you still had this and if you would be willing to ship it? I am in Alberta-Michigan is unfortunately just a little bit too far to jump in the truck and drive down :-) .
                              In need of a replacement tranny for the 435 in my '80 W200 and I would like to have the synchro 1st.

Thanks!
                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X