Hydraulic Dump Bed Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Dump Bed Kit

My days of hand unloading thousands of pounds of coconuts and palm branches are almost over, I finally bought a kit and I'm spending a few days playing with the truck.

I plan on painting the truck once the lift is squared away, figured I'd get the frame some paint too.

Here's the scissors, hinges and box.

I also just picked up a dump bed kit. It came attached to the rest of the truck. All it needs is a wax job on the paint and she'll be a beauty ;^ )

Attached Files

Comment

try a little rubbing compound to bring that emerald green to a high shine, then seal it with with an afternoon worth of waxing...don't forget to shine them tires...that left front looks ventilated, I'd check your pressures too.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparDave View Post
        ...don't forget to shine them tires...that left front looks ventilated, I'd check your pressures too.

My trailer is just wide enough to fit a Power Wagon between the rails. Once you drive up it there is nowhere to steer, just straight forward. That tire was blown apart and sticking out. It was giving me a hard time loading this truck so I took my battery operated sawzall and gave it a trim. All four wheels are locked up and do not turn so we had to winch it and push it at the same time to get it loaded. Made for a fun afternoon.

This truck also comes with the ultra rare satellite radio.
        Attached Files

Comment

I personally like the remote keyless entry system for the doors. Does it double as the restraint system too?

Comment

another restraint...

those new Federal restraint laws are REALLY tough...

Comment

It looks fairly complete except for the GPS screen, keep us posted on the waxing results!!!

Comment

Finally got the truck back together.

I'm sandwiching the supports with 1/4" plate and then welding 1/4 -1 1/2" angle supports front to back to stiffen the bed.

Here's a video going up.http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...=Videos018.flv

Comment

I've got a few trips done and some of the bugs worked out, first being the fuel filler tube in the wheel well. A short piece of hose snaked down the tube makes fueling a breeze now. Unfortunately the crossmember that the ram is attached to is starting to twist a little. It may find a sweet spot and not get any worse but regardless I'm planning to replace it with a custom one made with plate and angle soon. I will eventually have to add some lift to the truck too, the huge Dana 70 rear and the scissors have taken most of the travel space needed for hauling heavy loads...which finally justifies tearing the front suspension appart and going with a 4x4 setup this winter. I can't wait...

Its a tight fit with the bed down, the hanger keeps the scissors from riding on the diff but any weight over 1000 lbs is a problem. The grey pipe is for safety.

Fresh Video...
                  http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...=DumpTruck.flv

Comment

Working...
                  X