Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 318 poly to a NP420

Hi
    Well I finally got the 318 Poly rebuilt and ready to go into the truck. I have read on here that Monkey Man did an adapter for a LA318 to the NP420. I have tried to find something on the past posts on this with no luck.
    I'm wondering if there is a way to make this adapter without going through Ugly Truckling. No problem with his product but I would have to buy the whole kit which is designed for the LA 318 so many of the parts would not work I believe. I will have to design my own motor mounts and such.
    Thanks for any help
    Ken

What truck is this going into again? The 420 should bolt up to the poly with the correct bellhousing.

Comment

Ron

Hi, sorry It's going into a 62 M37. I just got through talking to Ugly Truckling and he no longer makes an adapter kit for the V8 into the M37. Only into the civilian power wagon. Said the M37 NP420 uses a different bolt pattern then the power wagon NP420.I know that my tranny does not match up to the bell I have. I did find out from another web that there were two diff. versions of this tranny. An early and late one. I believe I have the early version.
      Not sure how to go about this now.Was hoping on that kit. Not sure what it will entail to make an adopter plate not to mention the parts for the clutch. I want to keep my winch.

Ken

Comment

Here are some photos, they might helpful.

http://www.jobrated.com/10_tranny_id_pics.html

Comment

Kevin

This is the site were I found the info on there being two different NP420's Mine is the earley model. The bell housing I have would probably fit the older model.
          So I either find an older model or build an adapter to use the tranny I have.
          Were I live in Wyoming it's not easy to find parts. Wonder just how hard it is to build an adapter.

Ken

Comment

Working...
          X