Fuel tank relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank relocation

Up goes the price of gasoline! Anyway... I've removed the gas tank from behind the seat of my '67 W-200. For some reason I don't feel comfortable having it there. I want to buy an aftermarket poly fuel tank to put under the bed. Anybody have any experience or ideas on this? Size, location, capacities, fuel line size, etc... Thanks.... Mike

tank

You can buy fuel cells in a good variety of depths and widths from summit or jegs. bolt or weld two pieces of angle across the rear frame for it to sit against and make buy or hit the junkyard for some straps. these tanks are pretty universal, race certified for rollovers and impact etc. the hardest part is probably finding a home for the gas fill neck.

Comment

Outside the box!

A great source for unusual applications for your fuel and starting/charging systems is marine supply houses like West Marine.

There are fuel tanks of many shapes and sizes. And there are plenty of gauges, fillers, and mountings.

Comment

Fuel tank options

I have a rear mount poly tank from a ram charger just sitting around. It would sit right in between your frame rails behind the rear axle. I would give it to you but shipping from ca might be pricy.

Comment

yup either the 22 gal steel or 35 gal plastic RC tank will fit right in

Comment

Thanks, Red.... Good info... Mike

Comment

Working...
            X