Disc Brake Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Brake Conversion

Are these kits still available from uglytrucking or any other source? Have not heard back from uglytruckling.

I think he stated he would be unavailable till September, at which time he was going to close down the site and retire out of country.

So you may hear from him but I couldn't say when. Don't know if anyone will step in and try to take over the business.

Outside of that the kit isn't too complex, if you can get the dimensions any decent fab shop should be able to help you make the adapters and prep the hubs.

Comment

Thanks DeSoto. I did get a reply from Ray last night and he indicated that he has the kits but can not ship till the first week of August as he is in Florida at the moment. Sounds like he is getting ready to retire. Someone should buy the assets of his business and carry on. My bet is there is a consistent demand for these.

Comment

Did you get the kick please? Ray emailed me in August and said he was going to Peru for a while.!

Comment

I talked to Ray a bit before he left. He emailed me recently stating he was back. The dilima for me is that he no longer makes the conversions for the 1/2 ton axles and has never made a disc brake conversion for the rear axle model in my truck. He did say that he had some of the 1/2 ton caliper brakets in storage and he could sell me the 3/4 ton rotor mounts but it is 1/4 larger in ID meaning I would have to machine a spacer ring. Have not given up on the idea as of yet. Right now I'm knee deep in putting a bed, rear fenders and running boards together as my truck did not have ay of that when I bought it. Thank god for Horkeys. Their bed parts are of excellent quality. Anyone know where I can find running boards for a WD20?

Comment

Working...
          X