Np 435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Np 435

Does anyone no what year and model trucks came with the np435 with the short shaft and dual pto windows? I'm thinking about putting a 318 in my 54 dodge power wagon and still have the winch. Anybody have one close to minnesota?? Thanks skinny kid

Np435

I personally am not very knowledgable on this subject although I used an NP435 behind a '55 Dodge 270 hemi that I mounted in my Carryall. What I recall is that the NP435s with dual pto ports are pretty hard to come by. If you haven't read the following, do so.
    http://www.uglytruckling.com/Technic...435%20mods.htm
    I found that there are different input shafts as well as output shafts and it was a bit of a trick to connect it up to the hemi. I didn't need the left side pto so that wasn't an issue for me. If I ever do a V8 conversion again I will wait until I can find the engine and transmission as a unit out of a truck.
    DavidGB

Comment

Thanks David for the info. Ive read the articles at ugly truckling. Wish I could just throw the 318 with the 4 speed I have from my duster but I would lose the winch. Can't wait to start working on the old girl, JOY is her name!!

Comment

Working...
      X