Auto to Manual Swap ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto to Manual Swap ?'s

I want to swap a nv4500 into a '78 Power wagon forestry truck. The truck is currently an automatic.

I have found a 1997 Dodge 2500, which has a 5 speed manual in it. All the parts are there still: the pedal set, hydraulic clutch, etc. It is 2wd truck though, so I figured I could not use the nv4500 in it, but could possibly use the accessories maybe. Can someone tell me if these parts, like the pedals, etc would bolt up to the 78 powerwagon and exactly what I should pull off the 1997 truck. Thanks in advance.

What transfer case would you be using? I don't think the NP203 in the 78 will work with NV4500 (at least it's not a bolt-in deal).

Also I think the pedal assembly off of another 78 (72-80's) manual truck would be easier, but maybe get the rod/clutch mst cylinder/slave cylinder off of the 98. In other words use 78 components behind the firewall & 97 components from firewall to the bell. I am not familiar with how different the pedals are from a 78 & 97.

The NV4500 only came mated to driver's side drop transfer cases. Your 78 has its front differential on the passenger's side.

Look around on ramchargercentral.com or www.pirate4x4.com they cover the later Dodge trucks pretty heavily.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
    X