Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propane conversion- Anybody done it on a 251?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane conversion- Anybody done it on a 251?

I've searched and found a few posts and an old thread, but nothing with a 251. Has anyone done a conversion to propane or CNG on a 251?

I've looked at the Impco catalog and talked to the guys at GotPropane, and it seems doable.

Video on a propane conversion:
    http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/s...-08&ep_show=XT

Thanks.

I currently have a 230 chrysler in a Clarktor Tug converted to LP & a Hobart 400 amp portable welder with a Chrysler straight flathead 8. Both use a fork truck tank, same Ca 100 impco carb Impco F regulator NO closed oil pressure switch wired to electric shut off. I love it Ron

Comment

Thanks for the info. I finally got my 251 rebuild running, and want to convert it over to propane.

Are you happy with how it runs? Is it really cheaper than gasoline?

Where did you buy your Impco gear?

Comment

I'm buying from Nash Fuel located in Ky. They have a E-bay store. Seems to be Good people. Search on E-bay for propane carburetor & you will get several results. System have already been created for the 230 because it's a widely used industrial engine. I have an impco 2008 catalog in pdf file if you would like I'll try to post it. It's very helpful. Thanks Ron

Comment

Thanks for the contact info. My 251 Has the BBS carb on it, so it will probably matchup well to the 230 setup. The specs on what ur using are helpful. I found a couple great deals on craigslist, but they're too far from Baltimore to drive. I will keep looking locally with the forklift guys here in town. We're a port city so I hope that gives me a good shot at finding the gear used. What are you paying for a tank fill (gallons?).

Comment

IMPCO catalog is too large to post. I found it a while back, not sure who posted it. But I have it on my desktop in pdf. It has diagrams & a lot of useful info. Remember LP makes cold, Engine will frost up if left in the cold. Regulator is heatyed by engine coolant or engine oil. When inquiring about systems always say it's for off road. No one wants to provide much help if they think your using it on the roads. If you want catalog I can send it directly e-mail, if I had yours Thanks Ron

Comment

Working...
            X