Advice needed to build a daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blog address

Things are progressing well with the conversion. Lot's of little things still being done and ordered. One thing that I'm most greatfull for is that as of today, I have sold the entire body parts of the '98 donor truck. Adding the money recieved from the '98 parts sold on craigslist as well as the sale of the rolling chassis of the '48, nothing has been wasted by sending scrap parts to the junk yard and with the money recieved from the sales, it means that I have gotton back 2/3's of what my donor truck cost.
    For me, going this route has been a wise move.

Yes, I have a older engine but I still have a newer frame, axles, power steering and brakes and all that goes with the '98. I hope to have the engine running in a few weeks and then will do more body work.

Most of my ordered parts are in. Seats, steering wheel, gauges, wiring kit, radiator, transcooler, and all the rubber seals for windows and doors. Today I ordered the wiper motor, A/C heater, and power windows.

I will be writing a 2 part article for the PW Advertiser once I get a little futher along with the truck.

My blog address is http://1948dodgepowerwagon.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have a 97 dodge cummins 4x4 doner vehicle with a 155 inch wheelbase and a 1962 power wagon wm300 and have been struggling with idea of a frame swap without cutting the frame. This would be a way to go without the vehicle looking too long. What is your wheelbase if you don't mind me asking. Regis in nj

Comment

126 inches for the 1-ton Power Wagon.

Looking forward to the articles!!!!
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
        X