Dumping the Holley Pro-Junk'tion on my M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumping the Holley Pro-Junk'tion on my M37

Well, I installed the Edelbrock 1406 Performer Carburetor I borrowed from Jon for testing. I also took a picture of the original engines carburetor, the Pro-Junk'tion and the Edelbrock together for comparison. With it installed, the Holley throttle cable bracket was 1.25" too long, so I fabricated a new one to work with the carburetor. With it built, test fitted and then painted it was ready for it's final installation and testing the M with the carburetor. The engine started and idled fine after a small metering and idle screw adjustments. So now it was off into the mid 30 degree air for a test drive. After the engine came up to temperature, I found that on hard acceleration the engine had a little lag. In lower gears and lower speed the M ran OK, but at 50 MPH and 3,000 RPM, when you punched it, the engine didn't not get up and go, it very slowly accelerated and there was some engine ping/knock. As the carburetor was used, and had undergone many previous adjustments, Jon thought the floats might be too low, and causing it to run lean. At this point I'm not yet sold on switching to a carburetor.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

I have one of those on the 440 in my W300. I bought it new. It could be a little difficult on a hot start at times.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I had a hard time deciding which carb to use so I used all three.

Frank
      Last edited by Frank Irons; 08-01-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Ah, Frank, that looks so very nice, wish I'd just bit the bullet and done port injection back in '04.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
        X