No announcement yet.

Poly 318 flywheel id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, you guys saved me! I am in the process of installing my externally balanced 408 cid 360-based stroker into my '65 W100 and I need a flywheel for a hydraulic clutch bellhousing. Until now I was unable to find a pic of what one looked like, let alone the actual flywheel.

Thanks a million for posting those pics. I now know what I am searching for!

Comment

Hi Drew,

Would it be possible for you to take some measurements of that flywheel for me? I am looking at one for sale and would like to make sure it is the correct one before I purchase it.

Thank you,

Jeremiah

Comment

Sure - what do you need measured?

Comment

I am looking into purchasing a flywheel that looks like the one from you picture...here is what the seller emailed me:

"it does have 172 teeth,its 14 3/4 inches in diameter overall,it had a 11 inch clutch on it.the distance between the holes where the pressure plate bolts is just a hair over 12 inches,it will weigh around 35#"

Pics attached...
          Attached Files

Comment

The 172 tooth flywheel is the hydraulic flywheel from an internally balanced 318 A Poly.
            Hemi's also had the 172 tooth flywheel with 8 bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
              I am looking into purchasing a flywheel that looks like the one from you picture...here is what the seller emailed me:

"it does have 172 teeth,its 14 3/4 inches in diameter overall,it had a 11 inch clutch on it.the distance between the holes where the pressure plate bolts is just a hair over 12 inches,it will weigh around 35#"

Pics attached...
              Did Pat Teague hook you up with a flywheel?
              John

Comment

Pat and I scoured the junk yards in search of a flywheel with no luck. We did have a darn nice day walking the yard though! The flywheel I have coming is from KS, $115 shipped. I don't think I got hurt too bad. Naturally a day and a half later a fellow Pat and I know mutually called us both saying he has the flywheel I need for free! I will take him up on it but Butch Romig already went through the hassle of finding a box and figuring out the shipping so I couldn't back out at that point. I guess it never hurts to have a spare, especially when you abuse thinks like I do!

Thanks for asking John!

Comment

Working...
                X