silver lining to current economy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver lining to current economy...

with all the predicted dealer closings, and other auto businesses going out due to the economy, there are an unusual amount of equipment auctions going on.

I recently picked up a towable cherry picker (only needed the pump handle) an engine stand, a rental style towbar and a 100# punching bag...
    ( a brand new Everlast, not my significant other )...

still prowling several sites for welding equipment...missed a few that went higher than new stuff...harness that bidding fever...

i've found farm auctions are a great source for goods, farmers are the original DIY guys, they have crap to fix whatever breaks...they are the ULTIMATE MULTI-TASKERS...

Same way, Eastwood and a lot of these other companies keeps having sales and specials every time I check my e-mail. I've been able to pick up a bunch of tools and supplies for a lot cheaper than normal.

Comment

tool steals and deals...

DESOTO61... good ideas... I get Northern specials but didn't think about Eastwood... I'll add my name...

p.s. ... I'm ready for a cruise in your led sleds... ; > )

Comment

I Keep Looking

I haven't found anything around here in the tri-cities yet? My Dodge dealership is closing :~(

This ticks me off, now I need to travel across town to Mechanicsville.

Comment

Originally posted by rickt4498 View Post
          DESOTO61... good ideas... I get Northern specials but didn't think about Eastwood... I'll add my name...

p.s. ... I'm ready for a cruise in your led sleds... ; > )
          They've been running 10% off special this month, and they have daily deals every few days as well. I got one of their new "concourse" paint gun kits and an accessory kit on sale with the 10% off. Got the whole thing for the regular price of the gun.

If you're in the south eastern Virginia I'll be at the Mopar Madness event this weekend, we can see what she'll do down the drag strip, LOL!

Comment

Racin'

I saw that gun, it was an HVLP model, at this point, I am a point & shoot guy.
            Good Luck @ The Track,

Comment

My mom purchased an 08 Ford Edge today for $18K....Paid cash (first time she's ever done that....anywhere). Dealer was thrilled! I'm glad because I'll get another hand-me-down Cherokee to thrash about.

Comment

A while back I bought my daughter a Jeep Patriot, $23,900, marked down to $15,900.

Comment

Working...
                X