Does anyone have one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have one of these?

This is a PTO driven hydraulic chainsaw. They also made them PTO shaft driven. The "shaft" was kind of like a super huge speedometer cable with a flexible outer housing and a flexible inner cable. (They also used this type of drive on some of the early Power-Wagon telephone pole digger trucks.)

I would really like to find a PTO shaft driven chainsaw, but a PTO hydraulic driven one would work also.
    Attached Files

I believe Edgar Allen Poe wrote about those....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I think thats about he scariest thing I've ever seen....

Eat your heart out Leather Face....

Comment

I'll bet OSHA loves that. Take it to work.

bucky

Comment

Let me introduce you to my little friend.......

Comment

Von Ruden Pto Drive Chainsaw

I'm guessing you already know some of the manufacturers of these saws - something I might add that my wife would absolutely castrate me for even looking at/into! After reading your post I went to some of the antique/vintage tractor websites - in some of those bulletine boards (easily found via a google search with the title of this message) folks claim to own these....might be a starting point, I'm sure someone has one of these in that community whose wife is raising cane about it! Look awefully dangerous, but definitely fun! Who thought of this stuff?!

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by frs09 View Post
              I'm guessing you already know some of the manufacturers of these saws - something I might add that my wife would absolutely castrate me for even looking at/into! After reading your post I went to some of the antique/vintage tractor websites - in some of those bulletine boards (easily found via a google search with the title of this message) folks claim to own these....might be a starting point, I'm sure someone has one of these in that community whose wife is raising cane about it! Look awefully dangerous, but definitely fun! Who thought of this stuff?!
              I did not know who made these. Having a name now is a big help.

Comment

Found one

Looks like someone is selling one in Ohio - it is hydraulic and not a direct drive though. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/1327867135.html

Hope this helps, Forest

Comment

Pto chainsaw

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
                  This is a PTO driven hydraulic chainsaw. They also made them PTO shaft driven. The "shaft" was kind of like a super huge speedometer cable with a flexible outer housing and a flexible inner cable. (They also used this type of drive on some of the early Power-Wagon telephone pole digger trucks.)

I would really like to find a PTO shaft driven chainsaw, but a PTO hydraulic driven one would work also.
                  I have a Von Ruden PTO chainsaw and a Von RUden PTO dragsaw I just purchased. I am hooking the chainsaw up to display at an antique tractor show this weekend. The unit is barn fresh and looks like it may only have an hour or so of use on it. I could be temped to sell it if you really want one. It is certainly a conversation piece. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by POLECAT View Post
                    I have a Von Ruden PTO chainsaw and a Von RUden PTO dragsaw I just purchased. I am hooking the chainsaw up to display at an antique tractor show this weekend. The unit is barn fresh and looks like it may only have an hour or so of use on it. I could be temped to sell it if you really want one. It is certainly a conversation piece. Ed
                    I talked to the guy who has the one on Craigslist. It is rather incomplete. I started looking for a compact pto pump and reservoir, used, to power it, then something else more important got my attention. I should know in the next month if this "other thing" pans out or not. If not, I might still be interested and will be letting you know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by frs09 View Post
                      Looks like someone is selling one in Ohio - it is hydraulic and not a direct drive though. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/1327867135.html

Hope this helps, Forest
                      Thanks for the tip. I spoke with the gentleman by phone. We have not discussed price yet (it is incomplete), but we had a good conversation and both learned some new information.

Comment

I hope to shoot some video of the saw running this weekend. If I get it psted I'll let you know. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
                        X