Sharpening drills, Drill Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening drills, Drill Doctor

Finally broke down and bought a Drill Doctor. Was skeptical about them at first but after trying one I do recommend them. You can also do split points with them as well. They have a replaceable($20.00) diamond wheel that keeps a consistant edge. The model 500SP does 3/32 - 1/2" drills while the 750SP does up to 3/4". No difference in the machine, they just include another chuck for the bigger sizes. Enco (1-800-873-3626) has them on sale this month for $103.95(500 sp, order # br890-9009) & $119.95(750sp, order # br890-9007). That is as cheap as I've ever seen them. Shipping was under $6.00 too! I've been sharpening bits for guys at work now for 25 cents each and got the machine half paid for allready. I work with Stainless and touch ups are quick and easy. I've done it by hand for years without too many problems but this is a lot easier to get centrally ground,EQUAL cutting edges. By the way, this is a non paid advertisement. Just when something works as advertised I like to spread the word. Kevin

Good info. The Drill Doctor used to cost more and I never thought anyone could recoup their money unless they did it on a commercial scale. I just hand ground big bits and always bought the little ones in bulk so they can be replaced easily.

Comment

Working...
    X