TIG Welders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Welders

Russell asked about MIG welders and now it's my turn. I am considering a TIG unit and am wondering if anyone in PW land has an opinion on any of the name brands out there. I want one to do stainless, aluminum and/or plain steel. I really don't have a budgetary amount in mind but of course, economy is always a good thing if the performance is there. Thanks in advance. Hollis

Miller something

Hollis - I can check the exact part number in the morning at work, I know it's a Miller and we have had great luck with it so far. I will post again in the morning with the exact model number.

Curt

Comment

Hollis - Miller (Syncrowave 250) Not sure of cost but I have welded some with it and talked to our welder this morning and he said it's the only one he would ever own. Hope this helps.

Curt

Comment

I recently broke down and Bought a Tig welder. Miller Syncrowave 250 Tigrunner. Make sure you compare apples to apples as the Tigrunner package includes the torch, torch cover,running gear, chiller, and more. After A LOT of shoping I found EBAY the cheapest. I got mine from weldingsuppliesatioc. They always have them on ebay. NO TAX, FREE SHIPPING, full factory Warranty, and I was pleasantly surprised with the whole deal. Pricey at $3229 at that time but $500.00 cheaper than I could get it locally. I do stainless work and love it. Hope this helps, Kevin

Comment

Thanks to all for the input. I have both Lincoln and Miller dealers locally but have not looked on ebay yet. I recently borrowed a Synchrowave 250 TIG with air cooled torch and was impressed but it is about 10 years old and I didn't know if the modern ones were better or worse.

Comment

Working...
          X