which compressor should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gusbratz View Post
    I love all my old homemade junk when it is working and I think "man i didn't pay hardley anything for this". On the other hand when I get into one of those streaks of bad luck where everything is falling apart and I have to do like hours of work on my junk to get it going so I can get it working to do what I set out to do in the first place i hate it all. I have days when I think about loading everything I own into my dump truck and takeing it down for steel scrap. But Then I think what would I do with all my time. LOL
    That's what I call, "Made in The USA" ha! ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
      I understand, I guess all who have commented in this thread have been out of the league so to speak.

I made my first compressor at 15 years of age from the unit out of an old refrigerator; it was belt driven, one of the units before refrigerators had sealed compressors. Coupled it to the old 30 gallon water storage tank that used to stand behind the wood cook stove in the kitchen that heated our water before we had an electric water heater. Those were the days.

I have one of those in my shed now, It was made by my now deceased
      father in law(he will always be that even though his daughter and I are no longer married) it dates back to WWII and come spring I am going to put new hose on it and redo the cord and have it for airing up tires.
      It is a neat rhing to remember the old guy by, I miss him.
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
        No issue with you calling bs; it depends on the rig you are using distance from the compressor and several other issues. Many factors will affect performance at the gun, I have learned figures on paper are one thing, consistant performance at the gun is quite another. What I'm saying is the individual need best be looked at closely with a good buffer considered. Buying a compressor that is capable only of just over the expected need will not be a wise purchase. Only the end user doing homework prior to making a purchase will result in a wise purchase that is up to the job.

I agree with you completely here Charles. You should never buy a piece of equipment that is "just on par" with the requirements of one tool in your box (unless its a big ol 1" thunder gun) because it will really limit your abilities when you go to use other tools.

Comment

Working...
        X