Portable spot welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable spot welder

We have a winner. By this I mean I bought a Miller spot welder at an auction only to find it didn't weld. I took in to have it checked out. They said I needed new tips so I ordered a set and put them in today. I tried two pieces of sheet metal and it works great. I want to use this to replace bed angles in Utiline beds rather than mig weld them. Now I won't have to plug weld and grind off the welds plus I'll have that factory look when I'm done. I'm sure the time savings will be the best part. Now to drill out the old spot welds, all 90 of them on a set of bed sides.

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
    We have a winner. By this I mean I bought a Miller spot welder at an auction only to find it didn't weld. I took in to have it checked out. They said I needed new tips so I ordered a set and put them in today. I tried two pieces of sheet metal and it works great. I want to use this to replace bed angles in Utiline beds rather than mig weld them. Now I won't have to plug weld and grind off the welds plus I'll have that factory look when I'm done. I'm sure the time savings will be the best part. Now to drill out the old spot welds, all 90 of them on a set of bed sides.
    You don't have anything else to do, do you?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

No just watching it rain for the past 4 days. I do have plenty of projects waiting for their turn in the shop and questions to answer via email. Just tonight I gave a short lesson on bodywork for a friend by email. How did your project turn out, everything running downhill?

Comment

Yikes

90 Spot welds!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
          No just watching it rain for the past 4 days. I do have plenty of projects waiting for their turn in the shop and questions to answer via email. Just tonight I gave a short lesson on bodywork for a friend by email. How did your project turn out, everything running downhill?
          Which project?

Comment

Your septic system.

Comment

It turned out great. Everything is running downhill, but not so fast that the liquids move ahead of the solids.

Comment

Working...
              X