Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WM300 Front Axle Bushing Tool

I am in need of expert advice.

I am rebulding the front axle on my 66WM300. What I need to know is what tool do you use to install the inner seal and axle bushing I managed to remove the old ones which were worn out. I am afraid without the proper tool I could damage these expensive components. If a tool cannot be bought, maybe someone can send me the dimensions of the tool I see in the repair manual, I then can machine out of bar stock, or letting me know what do you use.

Your help would be most welcome.

Bob H.

I was having the same issue you're having with my M37. My dad suggested that I use a socket the size of the component you're installing. I'll see if I can find a picture, but here's the description:

I took a chisel the size of the drive of the socket (3/4), stuck it in the drive hole and gently tapped the seal in with a hammer until it seated. If you don't have a socket this size laying around, or you have nice sockets that you don't want to ding up, take your seal or bushing and go to napa and get a cheapy socket for 15 bucks. Blamo, seal seating tool.

Edit:

Here's a picture (not mine) of the same principle. Just add a chisel or some other piece that will extend the reach of the tool to the drive hole in the socket and you're good to go. Like I said, I wouldn't do this with your Snap-Ons, but cheapy ones work just as well.

Comment

Working...
    X