No announcement yet.

Denver Locking Hubs Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure they tied the knot a couple years ago. I know the feeling on getting trucks done, I'm doing Butler's 57 #1. I'm about ready to prime and wet sand for paint. Looking forward to seeing the CC and your family. We have another month right???? Good luck

Comment

About 3 weeks by my count, but I like your number better!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        I'm pretty sure they tied the knot a couple years ago. I know the feeling on getting trucks done, I'm doing Butler's 57 #1. I'm about ready to prime and wet sand for paint. Looking forward to seeing the CC and your family. We have another month right???? Good luck
        Hey Ron. What was the word on the front sheet metal on #1? There were a bunch of us at the Rally looking it over real close and comparing it to other '57 models there. I think everyone was in agreement that the truck had taken a hard hit at one time to the point the the grill pieces would no longer fit right. Then, someone screwed up one of the grill bars trying to make it fit.

Comment

Clint, you saw that too huh? That front end has more face work than Joan Rivers. It's not a question of if it was hit, the question is how many times it was hit? I was told that the center bar was supposed to stick out. I didn't go along with that once the front end was off. The frame was racked which of course threw off aligning anything bodywise. Frame shop took care of that. NOW we have things lining up, drivers door closes nicely and the trim FITS the opening of the grill like it's supposed to. It took a lot of work but it's a lot better than it was. I'm fitting the front end back together now for final paint. The interior is painted and I found an original headliner to use as a pattern. I also found a supplier for the headliner board and hope to be making kits for sale to other PG owners. Are you doing the truck pull at the rally? That should be a fun event. Is Spence coming out? Haven't seen him in a few, it would be nice to see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
            Clint, you saw that too huh? That front end has more face work than Joan Rivers. It's not a question of if it was hit, the question is how many times it was hit? I was told that the center bar was supposed to stick out. I didn't go along with that once the front end was off. The frame was racked which of course threw off aligning anything bodywise. Frame shop took care of that. NOW we have things lining up, drivers door closes nicely and the trim FITS the opening of the grill like it's supposed to. It took a lot of work but it's a lot better than it was. I'm fitting the front end back together now for final paint. The interior is painted and I found an original headliner to use as a pattern. I also found a supplier for the headliner board and hope to be making kits for sale to other PG owners. Are you doing the truck pull at the rally? That should be a fun event. Is Spence coming out? Haven't seen him in a few, it would be nice to see him again.
            I have had a lot of fun pulling before and would do it again if I still had a truck with a pintle hitch. The factory drawbar was not designed to handle that knd of pull and I have already screwed up my Monroe 3-pt once by doing something that I should have known better than to do.

I think most of this Rally is going to see me kicking back and watching. I was asked to do a demonstration but I have been working 65 hour weeks with no end in sight. I barely have time to get the trucks ready, let alone think about anything else.

Spence says he will be there if his new boss will let him leave work!

Comment

Working...
            X