Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO pulley belt machine

Clipper Belt lacing machine
    I have come into a situation where I know of a woman who's husband when he was alive was running a belt repair and supply shop. There are a few machines out back that I am guessing are for connecting belts together, for the purpose of repairing and manufacturing belts used on threshing machines, or shops that use pulley's to transfer power from one machine to the next...

Any ideas as to if these machines have a value (my interest is not so much about $$ but about seeing the machines go to a good home) at present they may be left or tossed as the assumption is that they are old technology and no longer in demand.

All opinions and thoughts welcome.

Originally posted by Jason Mills View Post
    Clipper Belt lacing machine
    I have come into a situation where I know of a woman who's husband when he was alive was running a belt repair and supply shop. There are a few machines out back that I am guessing are for connecting belts together, for the purpose of repairing and manufacturing belts used on threshing machines, or shops that use pulley's to transfer power from one machine to the next...

Any ideas as to if these machines have a value (my interest is not so much about $$ but about seeing the machines go to a good home) at present they may be left or tossed as the assumption is that they are old technology and no longer in demand.

All opinions and thoughts welcome.
    Most of us who are still using flat belts have one of these Clipper vice lacers. Pretty quick and easy to lace any width of belt together to any length needed.

It sounds like what you have found was made by the same company. Probably for production forming, cutting, and vulcanizing endless belts.

I am right in the middle of the antique tractor, steam traction engine, and hit-and-miss engine "working farm show" season here in the Midwest. I set up and displaying at these shows through the rest of this month. Some of these events have been running each year since the early 1950's. Some have very nice museums that are open year around.

I do not believe I have seen a machine that does what I think those do that you found. If I have, I did not know what I was looking at at the time. I can ask around. I have some contacts that are very involved in the bigger shows and the working museums that they maintain. I would be very interested in seeing photos. Contact me through this site, include your email address, and I will get back to you from my home email.

Thanks Clint
    Attached Files

Comment

I Just took some pictures of the largest belt lacer, and they may rate as poor-fair.. as it is dark in the shed that contains the machine. Also I found a "clipper #9 portable belt lacer" which appears to be a smaller version of the larger one. Presently on a borrowed computer, so I will post pictures later which I hope will give you a general idea of what I am looking at.

Comment

Working...
      X