Hydraulic jack repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic jack repair

I have two old Blackhawk floor jacks, 4-ton units. One of them is not working just right. I know from a theory point of view, a hydraulic jack is not complicated.

My question: Have any of you worked no a hydraulic jack? Are there any tricks to the disassembly of one of them? Any thing to watch for? Any particular bad things to fail?

I am interested in any comments you may have. I like these old jacks, so I would like to keep them going.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

We just fixed a box full of 12 ton jacks at work during a turn-in. We took the jacking lever cotter pins out, put the jack in a vise, tapped the base with a sledge, unscrewed the base, cleaned all parts, replaced o-rings on the jack shaft and the fill screw (o-rings were standard sized and we found them in the bolt bin), reassembled, filled with hydraulic fluid from Walmart, then painted them up.
    I believe all of them worked, and they got turned in with our old HEMMT trucks going to Oshkosh for rebuild. It was a fun couple days in the motor pool for a couple old soldiers. I should have snapped some pics -- never thought that I could share an experience like that!

Comment

Working...
    X