Woods trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods trailer

I have used a flatbed farm wagon in my reforestation project to haul brush and wood. The wagon has stake holes in it; I put branches in the holes to raise uprights to hold the brush on the trailer. By the time the load is complete, it is somewhat interwoven and tangled, by choice, to increase the amount hauled and to hold it in place.

The problem with that is that it is a lot of work to unload. I am thinking about building a trailer for this purpose, and wonder if you have ever seen a trailer that was well suited to this purpose. Or, do you have any ideas regarding this matter? I have considered sides that latch in some way, permitting the unlatching of them so they lay flat to pull of the load. I am just casting about for ideas.

I think the width would be 5-6 feet, and the length would be 8-10 feet. It would be pulled by one of two tractors, one of them is 48" wide and the other is about 84" wide.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

We had a hay rack that had stake sides on it. But the sides were attached using strap hinges. There were hook and eye's on the top, rear corner that locked it to the fixed rear panel. Just unhook, swing down the sides, and remove the contents. Used it for brush, hauling hedge posts in from cutting, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X