Announcement

Collapse

Profile Albums - Check if you have them

Prior to this update/patch, there was an issue which was preventing any private profile albums from being invisible to non-Subscribers. This has now been resolved, but affected albums are still visible to the public.
Please check your profile albums and update any private album's "Set Visible to" field to "Subscribers".
See more
See less

Clamptite Hose Clamp Maker with Aviation Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamptite Hose Clamp Maker with Aviation Wire

I decided to see what the hype was about and bought one of these little doo dads, its pretty cool but harder to use with thicker wire. I went to use some .051" and its kind of a bear. I ended up with my wraps crossed but still it worked out pretty well on my first ever test piece.

Its a very simple tool and I can totally machine my own in other sizes from this point forward, But this one was a pretty good start. I am going to use it for securing my shifter boots and other lines and hoses on the truck to give it a sleeker "field" use look. I can't wait to use it on the "Bomber" Carryall build I am starting soon. Someone is making a $ killing on these things though. Only down side is you can't "re-snug" a connection after the fact like you can with mechanincal clamps. Plus side though is it takes up like NO space for the connection, this is something I need for my intercooler hose routing because the clamps get hung on things. Pleased overall.

1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.
Working...
X