Rollup Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollup Doors

I'm wanting to build a workshop (prefab steel building) and was looking at installing the rollup doors. I've not had any experience with them other that the industrial type at work. What's ya'lls opinion on them..? Do you perfer them over the sliding or pull up type doors..?

Roll-up doors ...

...are all that we use out here. Easier to seal and insulated, they take up no additional floor or overhead space, and anything that you stack next to the door, will not interfer with the door operation.
    Inside;

Outside;

MN

Comment

I'm sold on those rollup doors. They look great and just what I'm lookin for. Say, what type of highbay light fixtures are in that pic?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks!

They are Metal Halide, 250 watt lights by LSI. $140 ea with acrylic lense. The lenses are a few more dollars than the typical aluminum lense, but as you can see from the photo, they 'soften' the light into more of a flood type light. The aluminum lense would result in more of a spot type light with too many shadows for an auto shop.
        The 250 watt size was based upon the light hanging at approx. 19 feet with a 19' diameter coverage. If the ceiling is above that height, say 20' or more, then you need to use a 400 or 500 watt light and increase the spacing. Too much light actually decreases their effectiveness because of the glare.
        These lights are trick because you can wire them at 110, 120, 208, 240, 277 or 480 volts. The light has a chip which tells the ballast what line voltage and adjusts the transformer accordingly. They are very economical to operate and start very quickly compared to older type Metal Halides that take several minutes to warm up. In addition, the light from Metal Halide is much easier on the eyes, very white and way better than Mercury Vapor light which is way too yellow and hard on the eyes.
        MN
        Last edited by MoparNorm; 03-03-2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X