4 & 10 ton floor jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 & 10 ton floor jacks

I am looking at a sealed bid sale that has some floor jacks; about a dozen 10-ton and three or four 4-ton units.

They are all Weaver, Blackhawk, Walker, Lincoln [Lincoln having purchased Walker, as I understand it], or Snap-on [which appear to be Lincoln].

I have some feel for jack values, and value to me, but there are so many that I think the price should be affected by quantity. My main fear is winning too many bids, but I don't want to bid low and not get any. They also have several 1-ton truck transmission jacks, a 50-ton Dake hydraulic H-frame press, and some other items.

Have any of you seen 4 and 10-ton floor jacks sold in sealed bid or auction bid sales, to have a thought as to what they are bringing under such circumstances?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Have been to several auctions lately and although I did not look specifically at jacks, most stuff was going for $.20 to $.50 on the dollar depending on the auction crowd. However, it never ceases to amaze me what people will sometimes pay at auction instead of just going to a store.

I don't like sealed bid because I can't read the crowd and prices often get stupid. You may have better luck if they are being sold in single lots, but watch out for dealers there to clean house and take all of them. I'd pick out three or four and bid what you are comfortable with, then sell the extras if you get lucky. I have never had any trouble peddling equipment for a little less than new if it's in good shape.

Comment

Working...
    X