Wet Sandblasting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Sandblasting Question

Norther Tools has a Sand Blaster Attachement for a pressure washer - I'm thinking this may be the rout to go to clean up my M37. The unit appears to have a venturi to draw the sand up through a tube and mix it into the water stream - But it doesn't say whether the sand source should be dry or already in water (say a tub). Does anyone know how to use this tool and what's the best type of sand for sand blasting this way?

DRY SAND

The sand must be absolutely dry. If your pressure washer furnishes hot water, this is best. Hot water dries off quickly, cutting flash rusting of bare metal drastically. Unless you intend to disassemble the truck & blast the individual pieces, you are better off using a chemical stripper, then pressure washing behind that. Hot water or steam does a great job on this method too.

Comment

Thanks Charles for the info. The truck is already in pieces as I'm comitted (literally and figuratively) to restoring this beast while only upgrading the drivetrain.

Any particular kind of sand best for this. I'm aware of the flash rust issue, can do with hot water and if I were doing it this week, the 105 degree's would dry it quickly.

Comment

As long as the sand is clean, dry, & no lumps, that's the main issue. Whatever is cheaper at you local home improvement center, play sand, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X