Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Machine

Here's a good one.

Went to the local Sears Service Center to get some parts for my Craftsman Snow Blower They had the carb rebuild kit and suppose to have the manual for it. So I order and pay for them wait for them to show up.

What do I get? A carb rebuild kit only and a refund check. Why so? Well Sears said that even though its on the computer for order they dont even have it on MicroFish any more. Its not anywhere.

I have hit several small engine repair shops and dealerships. They all say oh bring it in we can work on it for you at $65 an hour. But no one seems to have the book for it.

Its an old Craftsman Eagle 1 Snow Blower w/ 36"-42" cut 6 speed forward and reverse.

The reason need the manual is that the shift line was put together wrong from the last service place (they wont warranty their work). They have this thing all messed up.

Seems like they also switched some parts off mine too. Some of the parts look older then the whole thing itself.

If anyone can help I will take pictures and get all the SN's and #'s from it. Got to keep these Antiques going. How often you find something this old that still runs and is a one pull start? :)

Thanks

Most snowblowers and some garden tractors use the old Tucker patent variable-speed drive. It consists of a large drive wheel, with a smaller rubber covered wheel that press against the face of the drive wheel. All the 'gear shift' mechanism does is slide the rubber friction wheel across the face of drive wheel, thereby changing speeds. The center of drive wheel turns slowest, and outside turns fastest relative to rpms, similar to a gear or belt drive relationship. That is, large pulley driving small, or small driving large.

Sometimes the rubber covered wheel is the driver, and the plain steel wheel is connected directly to rear or main axle but the effect is the same except for ratio relationships.

Does any of this sound similar to the drive mechanism on your machine?

Comment

I don't know much about snow blowers, but I have used the site below for help on my craftsman mower.

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/

Don't know much about the abbysguide, but here's a link to their snowblower section.

http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/1875-0-1.html

You might also try surfing the web for forums specific to snowblowers. Who knows, posting a question on one (like you did here) may give you the right answer.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

If you can find out the Manufacturer

(Sears usually used a major manufacturer for most of their equipment) You can then go to the Manufactures' web site. Many have their manuals in PDF format for downloading or ordering on-line.
        MN

Comment

If you'll post the model number I can access the Sears database and determine the manufacturer.

JimmieD

Comment

MoparNorm The service center and I already checked on that. No luck.

JimmyD I will get that for you later today and post that. Maybe some one some where has this around. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks you all for the wonderful help and advice PWA forum and memebers have given so far.

Comment

Alright the model number of the Eagel 1 craftsman snow blower is: 536-90514

Crosses fingers to find a manual for the one above

The other one I have is also a craftman model number: 536-82550

Thanks

Comment

This is from SEARS main factory ordering page:

http://www3.sears.com/

We're Sorry. Due to unavailability, the following parts can not be ordered.

61028 OWNERS MANUAL F/536.90514 53690514

Well found the sears part number for the Manual again. Hopefully this can help in finding a manual for this machine. This is for the Eagel 1 model 536-90514

Thanks

Comment

Have You Tried

Ebay, there are so many paper guys out there?

Comment

Both snowblowers were manufactured by Western Tool & Stamping Co., the old name for AMF Lawn & Garden, which is now AMF and/or Murray.

JimmieD

Comment

Cool Jim!

I suppose a trip to the AMF or ONE of those named web sites will hopefully turn up a downloadable service manual!
                      MN

Comment

Please be advised:
                        --Murray products older than 2003 model year are no longer supported. This includes any paper or electronic manuals.
                        --Murray parts older than 1996 are no longer supported. This includes any paper or electronic parts lists.
                        --Active Outdoor Products (such as go-karts, sleds, mini-bikes, etc.) are no longer supported.

This is what Murray site says.

and I made a Typo on the model name: its an Egar 1 not eagel 1

as for the AMF site I can not seem to track that one down.

Comment

Re: Have You Tried

Originally posted by Bruce
                          Ebay, there are so many paper guys out there?
                          What do you mean by paper guys? Manuals, or something more?
                          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Bruce Ebay, there are so many paper guys out there?
                            As for Ebay, I looked. Found two snow blowers like mine being sold but no manuals.

Comment

Re: Re: Have You Tried

Originally posted by Gordon Maney
                              What do you mean by paper guys? Manuals, or something more?
                              Hey Gordon,
                              Hawk knew what I was talking about I think? Sometimes it's called empheria??, not sure? But people will try & sell most anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X