No announcement yet.

First Air Compressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that the 7 1/2 HP V4 unit? I'm looking at their slightly smaller 3-cylinder version. It's rated at 24 SCFM @ 175psi vs 26 for that version, but is about $200 cheaper for the same tank size.

Unfortunately I didn't run bigger when I put in my current compressor, so I'll have to re-wire. But there's almost no size difference over the 5HP, just need a slightly bigger circuit breaker. Though at 32 amps running load I will have to be careful about what's on when that thing kicks on.

They're having a sale right now but I can't buy it for another two months or so when I get back home.

Comment

Done

Ended up ordering this unit. Still can't have it delivered till I return from work, but their prices aren't going down so I put in the order now to lock in the lower price.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Damien/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

It's probably overkill for what I'm doing but I should never need another compressor either.

Comment

More air than I need

Desoto, nice air unit. I have been putting in about 8-10 hours a day working on my 4 door, and have been using it for my plasma cutter, die grinder, angle grinder, and soda blaster most of that time. The comp. has not skiped a beat. I love this unit. I have run all my lines, filters, and connections. It cost me all most as much for the connections as for my unit, but well worth it. I don't ever think about running out of air. Anyway have fun with your unit.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Desoto61 View Post
          Ended up ordering this unit. Still can't have it delivered till I return from work, but their prices aren't going down so I put in the order now to lock in the lower price.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Damien/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

It's probably overkill for what I'm doing but I should never need another compressor either.

No such thing as overkill...unless it won't fit in the shop....= )

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
            No such thing as overkill...unless it won't fit in the shop....= )
            Then I'd just put it in the shed behind the garage! Though if I go any bigger I'll run into issues powering it!

Comment

Other shop

Well mine was so big, or maybe better said my rear shop too small. I had to run a line about 100' to reach the rear shop. The rear shop has only temp. heat, and the last thing you want is to have the water seperator to freeze up on you. Make sure it's not too hot or cold in your shed. As for the power I would run two sizes bigger wire than what you need. It will only cost a little more, but save time and labor in the future. It's funny how we grow into bigger tools as time goes by.

James

Comment

Working...
              X