Engine pre-luber...refinement, no weld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine pre-luber...refinement, no weld

Someone over at the Pilot House forum took my picture of my preoiler and made an improvement, has a diagram and picture, no welding necessary

http://merc583.addr.com/cgi-bin/webb....pl?read=11493

New link that works

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/best/prelube.php

Comment

Thanks, Dave, that'll work! Not only that, but with the addition of a coil of copper and slow flame underneath a guy could make a pretty mean batch of white litnin'. I guess the left over oil inside might make greased litnin'? :~ )

Comment

Jimmie,
        I live in southern Maryland, and this area of the state was traditionally southern (the local troops mainly joined confederate units during the war between the states). So, it has rural southern traditions.
        One time I returned one of my neighbors dogs to him that had got loose. He invited me in and handed me a clear kraft cheese car with a liquid in it. I guessed what it was before I even tried it. It was good stuff, no bite and smooth.
        About 20 years ago they busted another guy here who was selling it and the word got out. Kind of dumb of his because it is a federal rap.

Comment

Ha haha, yea I lived in the south myself for quite some time. Matter of fact that's where I got my Town Wagon. After I'd had it for awhile I noticed strange little things, and also the engine was pretty well souped up. Finally figured our why the truck had those removable side panels on both sides, and what the brackets inside held in place: 'SHINE TANKS! At one time in its colorful past somebody had used it for a 'runner' near as I can tell!

And finally, yes, AGED southern shine to the old recipe is the smoothest liquor I ever drank, back when I did, with a taste indistinguishable from mountain spring water. Also by far the most powerful.... wow

Thanks for posting that pic

JimmieD

Comment

Jimmie,
            That is a GREAT story! haha
            I have heard of cars with their tail dragging because of shine in the trunk, but never a power wagon with hidden panels. Probably no significant sag so the feds never noticed!
            That would make a great story for PWA. I bet Gordon would publish it, and you may even get a free one years subscription in exchange.

Comment

Ha ha, yea, I was pretty surprised, Dave! But just to clarify, it's a Town Wagon, as in panel truck with windows, so it was even easier to conceal in the side panels.

Oh, and as far as the subscription, the last time I checked Gordon had me hooked up for the next 4 years so I think I'm good to go for a while... :~ )

Comment

Working...
              X