No announcement yet.

milwaukee chop saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first thought on that is that Makita [don't know about others] has a 12V vehcile charger available. Maybe imagining things or crossed up with something else. In DIY you might have to configure some resistance into the charge circuit unless you want to be picking battery parts out of your teeth though. Pretty simple to check the charge rate output of your charger, I think it's in milliamps, and by adding some resistors come close to that. You could over-current by 10-20% from spec output without too much damage, but don't know how that would effect 'Smart' charging sensor. Possible a cell phone or other charger could be used as the base unit somehow? You do 14.8V, right?

Comment

Monster Garage

While we're on the topic of battery power and Milwaukee Tools, did anyone see "Monster Garage" on Discovery Channel Monday night? Jesse James and his team converted a 60's Chevy Impala to electric and powered it with 320 tool batteries (Li-Ion batteries from Milwaukee, natch). He actually drag-raced it against one of the guy's Plymouth Super Bee -- the Bee won, of course, but the electro-geek in me was happy that the Impala put in some respectable times (11 sec quarter mile). Even Jesse was impressed...

Andy

PS: I just spent most of the night doing my taxes, and it looks like I'll be writing another large check to the IRS. Blech!

Comment

Working...
      X