No announcement yet.

3 Wall Tub Surrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The membrane that I was speaking of can be troweled or brushed over the top of the cement board, and then the thin set adheres well over the top of it. All screws or nails become concealed underneath. This would be for a tile installation and not a swanstone enclosure if that is what your looking at.

If you want to use a membrane underneath the cement board stappled to the framing, something better than building paper or ratan paper, you might try "Grace, Water and Ice Shield". It is a membrane that will heal around the anchors. If you have a custom tile store in your area you might want to ask them what the latest material being used today is.

If you are installing a Swanstone enclosure I would read the manufacturers perferred method of installation. Do they recommend a cement board underlayment?

Comment

I just installed a Swanstone a couple of month ago... Really nice, quality, unit...
      Went with durock under the pan, direct to studs on the sides and back... The instructions are pretty easy to follow and quite comprehensive. I did set the pan with thinset and upgrade the strainer assembly though...

Comment

Working...
      X