National Detroit, real American service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Detroit, real American service

I have a National Detroit model 900 DA sander that has been a good tool up to last week. It lost power and speed so I told my body shop supply store manager what happened to my tool. He said I should send it back to National Detroit and they would repair it. So after visiting their website I sent the sander to Rockford, IL via UPS. This was copied from the ND website -
    Most tools are repaired within 48 hours.
    Orders received by 2 pm are generally shipped the same day.
    Our qualified customer service staff is always happy to answer any questions regarding sanding applications or repair.
    We are not happy until you are completely satisfied.
    Your call will not be directed to a call center in Timbuktu to a person you cannot understand.
    I did in fact call them and get this, a very nice lady answered the phone speaking ENGLISH. No automated directory, no transfered call but a real live person on the other end who answered my questions intelligently. Before my tool came back I received an email telling me where my sander was purchased on Aug 19, 1987 and it had never been in for a repair. This I found amazing not only the history of the tool but the fact that they had this information and sent it to me. You can't get that from the foreign made crap.
    I would urge anyone contemplating the purchase of a sander to please look into a National Detroit tool. A real American company in my book.

Thanks Ron! Great Info! Have a link handy? Or do I have to get up and go to Yahoo......ha!ha!

Comment

Here you go Norm, http://www.nationaldetroit.com/global/ A friend of mine gave me this DA a few years ago and when I told him about the history he was surprized as well. I had just put a new pad on the sander a few days before it quit on me. When I got it back it had an even more recent style pad installed FREE of CHARGE. Dealing with ND has restored a faint amount of faith in the American way of doing business as it should be, taking care of the customer. I just hope the National Detroit can continue to do business in this manner without going out of business or selling out like so many companys have already.

Comment

Three cheers and bravo, Ron!!! Thanks for sharing that. It restores one's faith in those few who have stood tall and proud as 100% AMERICAN!

JimmieD

Comment

Well I figured we all hear enough bad stuff every day so it's time for a pick me up about an AMERICAN compny. It really was a refreshing change to have a real live person answer the phone and not hear "please press one for ENGLISH".

Comment

Sometimes, and often, it boils down to how much it's worth to us to hear of and support these last American bsuniesses.

I look at it this way: I'm entirely willing to do life for multiple homicides after several long mintues of telephone menu number punching only to be finally connected, maybe 10 minutes later, with a human who can't speak or understand the language. Some of these intentionally make it difficult, speaking lousy English really fast to compound the problem. You ask them to slow down and speak more clearly and they won't!! I think the decision to connect all phone calls to India or Pakistan or wherever is to cut down on the frustration related bloodshed, because it's too far to drive.

So, if we find we get so drove up that we temporarily lose sanity by non-American antics, how much is it worth? Probably well worth the slightly higher price of American products built by Americans, sold by Americans and with an American staff and American service personell.

Comment

I just got a call from a nice lady at National Detroit who wanted to say she was sorry she didn't get back with me last week because she was on vacation. I had emailed the company about the bill for servicing my sander. They replied with an invoice and a day later I got a hard copy in the mail. I had asked why they replaced my new pad with a newer style thinking I was billed for this new one pad. When I received the invoice there was no charge for the new pad. I was totally surprized that I got a follow up call concerning this matter and the apology from this lady for NOT getting back to me sooner. Now folks this is company we all need to do business with and they could surely teach a great number of businesses how to treat their customers for repeat business. My hat's off to the fine folks at National Detroit for the best customer service I've had in a long time.

Comment

Spread the word, these folks deserve customers and business.

Wonderful.
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
                X